It was a bit of a slower year here at Classy & Fabulous. 114 total posts (115 if you count this one!), down from 2011’s grand total of 144 posts.
I would like to promise to be a better blogger in 2013 but I know that it’s going to be a whirlwind, roller coaster of a year. Thinking to the year ahead, I can only imagine how busy I’m going to be and how much effort it’s going to take to just keep it going… so we’ll see. I have missed blogging these past couple of months and I’m definitely planning on starting out the year right.
We’ll just see if I can write about anything besides wedding planning. I make zero promises. Plus, built-in material is just easy, know what I’m saying?
January – 8 posts
- In January, I posted my all-time favorite two posts. Q&A with Mr. RH and then Part 2. It was fun watching him blog and to answer funny and embarrassing questions about me. Until you do it - I think it's hard to understand how much effort goes into blogging.
- I joined the library this month, which was apparently a big thing. It's still my favorite way to get Kindle books!
- I went to see all the Superbowl festivities in Indy and it was amazing. Also, I was 10 feet from Adam Levine. !!!!!!!!
- Mr. RH and I celebrated our first Valentine’s Day together.
- And I flooded my bathroom while I was showering. This is still one thing that really stands out in my mind for this year. Which is sad.
March – 5 posts
- I rejected Mr. RH’s Valentine’s Day gift… which actually turned out to be kinda awesome. I WAS WRONG, OK?
- It was 80 degrees in Chicago, in March. Mr. RH’s and I’s favorite weekend trip so far.
- I painted some canvases for Mr. RH’s new apartment. Which is hilarious because I just hung them in December. Hilarious and sad.
- I blogged about the high-low trend, which I still don’t understand 9 months later, so that’s good.
- My BFF’s dragged me to the Vera Bradley outlet sale and I lived to tell about it. And I got my photo re-posted on the Vera Bradley blog!
- My credit card got stolen/compromised for the second time – and this one was by a credit bureau. I call bullshiz.
May – 11 posts
- We took Mr. RH’s nieces to the zoo and then I tortured one of them. Hilarious photo alert!
- One of my college BFF’s got engaged. Wedding is in June 2013. TIME FLIES.
- We debated button-up and button-down shirts. It was a lively internet debate.
- I reminisced about The Post That Changed Everything from 2010.
- Blogged about a super-cute bridal shower.
- Mr. RH celebrated a birthday.
- Mr. RH and I celebrated our first anniversary.
- I blogged about a guy peeing in a parking lot right next to me in broad daylight. I mean, how can I even top that this month?
- Met Bill Rancic in Chicago and then ran into him again on Michigan Avenue. Felt pretty famous.
- Mr. RH wrote a post about his 5 favorite things about me…
- I went to IKEA with my BFFs and I’ve been dying to go back ever since.
- I wrote about being a wild college Resident Advisor….
- And last but not least, I kept a big secret from the blog for a long time. I got engaged!
- Blogged about getting organized for the wedding. Spoiler alert: not at all organized.
- Wrote about how hard it is to plan a wedding without your mom.
- Blogged about a friend’s spectacular wedding that I “wedding coordinated.” I pretty much blow at wedding coordinating – but it was fun and definitely kicked me into wedding-planning mode. God, how spectacular was their venue?!
- Got a Wedding Date. Officially.
- Learned how to make Creamy Tomato Soup. LIFE CHANGING.
- One of my BFF’s passed the bar, which was HUGE. She just got a dream job and starts next week. To new beginnings!
- I picked my wedding color. Sorta. Then waffled on it for 2 months. Spoiler alert: I’m mostly all waffled out.
November – 8 posts
- Threw a baby shower for my future SIL. Was all stressed about it but it ended up being one of the best things I did all year. Stress be damned, you only live once.
- Renovated some IKEA furniture for Mr. RH’s apartment. Still love those things.
- Met my new niece, Savannah. She is perfect. And I’m bummed I didn’t see her at all this Christmas. Pout.
- Wrote a post about how much I love Mr. RH and included a lot of texts from early in our relationship. This was really fun to look back on because so much has changed since we were those young, carefree kids.
- Welcomed baby Ruth into the world. I can't believe my college classmates are old enough to have babies.
So that was 2012 in a nutshell. In 2013, I’m looking forward to meeting my new nephews (TWINS!!), 2 more babies born by my college best friends, going to one of my best friend’s wedding, my own wedding… and all the stuff I haven’t even planned for yet?
I can’t even imagine.
It’s easy to look at my life day-to-day and feel really, shockingly ordinary. I haven’t won any awards and I’m certainly not a trailblazing career-girl. I shop too much and criticize my fiancé more than I should (which was a surprising theme in the comments this year, usually on a gift-giving occasion).
I suck at staying in-the-moment and I’m obsessed with getting the picture-perfect moment.
But when you add it all up and look at a year-long snapshop of the highlights and lowlights… you know, there’s really something spectacular about that everyday extraordinary.
I had been giving some serious thought to giving up this blog these past few months. It takes up a lot of time and effort and opens me up to criticism that sometimes really hurts. But then I realized – this community means SO much to me. A place where I can vent about real-life and get perspective that my problems are so small and the gifts I’ve been given are so great… that’s really priceless.
I hope to be here and more present in 2013. I know it’s going to be a challenge – but I’m hoping it’s one that I’m up for.
Whether this is your first time or whether you’ve been hear the whole time… thank you. The encouragement, the criticism, the voice of reason – it is all appreciated and enjoyed and I believe it’s truly made my life that much richer.
2013…. Bring it on. I can’t wait to get to know you.