Back in February, I asked Mr. RH to write a guest post for the blog. I thought it would be fun if he posted about "the girl behind the blog" - as in, am I really how I appear on my little internet home? Do I really live the life I post about every day?
I was hoping he would poke fun at my inability to stay organized for more than 30 seconds or the charming way I get lost every time we go somewhere I've never been before. Or how I buy everything and then return it (and beg him to help me cause I'm embarrassed). So I turned him loose and, lo and behold, 6 months later he decided he had something to say. It feels almost a bit too personal to post it here, but he gave them to me and has been asking when I'd post it ever since - so here goes nothing. Hold me, I'm scared.
And, because I'm me, my comments are in blue throughout his post. You can't think I wouldn't want to get a word in edgewise, RIGHT?!
Top 5 Things I Love About @ClassyFabSarah
Sarah has been asking me to do a guest piece on her blog for quite some time, but I was hesitant to invade the sanctuary for all things classy and fabulous because I wasn’t sure that I could live up to the quality of her posts. But when she asked (begged) me to write a post today, I couldn’t turn this idea down. So, without any further ado, here are the things I love most about the woman I love more than anything else in this world.
- She is the most compassionate person I have ever met. She is constantly trying to better my life by helping me in any way she can. It’s not even just towards me though, not even by a long shot. I have seen her shed many tears for many of you lovely ladies that she is involved with in the blogosphere. She is so emotionally invested in all of your lives that her heart pours out to you in your times of great happiness and sadness. Let’s not forget about the hard work she did in raising money for the kids... She has the greatest heart of anyone I’ve ever known. (Coming from the boy with a completely selfless mother, I take this as high praise. And I love how he knows that my "internet friends" can make me laugh and cry like no other.)
- Sarah’s strength and resolve never cease to amaze me. She has overcome obstacles in her life that could crush anyone’s spirit, yet she has become the most amazing and intriguing person I have ever met. I marvel at how she was able to become who she is, this perfect woman I’m so blessed to be with, because I wonder if I would have been able to turn out as well as she has if I had faced such challenges in my life. (Now he's just exaggerating.)
- I absolutely adore her fun-loving side and her sense of humor. Despite all the serious topics I posted above, despite how hard she works and how much she takes upon herself, she always takes time to have a laugh and enjoy the sillier things in life. Confession: when I first spotted Sarah, I assumed that someone who looked so beautiful and so classy would have to be a stuck-up, self-involved egomaniac at best! But after several reconnaissance missions to get to know her, it became very clear that she was actually a genuinely good person with a sense of humor that mirrored my own. I don’t think I ever smile as much as I do when I’m around her, so much so that my face hurts. (He's right. I really am hilarious. Customers at work tell me I need to take my show on the road. However, I do have to tell him that MY sense of humor is FAR MORE AWESOME than his. Because I'm funnier.)
- Her love of sweets. Have you ever known someone with as much of a sweet tooth as this classy lady? I have seen her attack a pint of ice cream like something from a National Geographic special. (Excuse me, that is disgusting and totally untrue.) Absolutely adorable. It reminds me that she still has that little kid inside of her, and that her zeal for life is not dampened by all the hard work she does and the responsibility she heaps upon herself.
- She is my soul mate. Is this cheating to count as a thing about Sarah that I love? Oh well, I guess I can bend the rules since I’m new here! I never knew that love could feel this good. Everything feels so perfect between us. We have the same life goals, the same views on many important issues, the same interests, and on and on and on. Even with all our similarities though, we have enough differences that I feel like she challenges me and that I challenge her. Love and life are both ALWAYS going to have difficulties, but I am amazed by how easy our relationship is. It never feels like work, I never tire of her company, and I cannot believe how much I look forward to spending every day of my life. (Oh, I disagree here. You know when he really tires of my company? Before 10 am when I am awake and he is not. Then he is quite tired of me, always.)
- Bonus #6! I don’t think any list of the things I love about my lady is complete without some sort of testament to her beauty, because I mean, look at her! ANYONE in the world would be blessed to have someone in their life with the qualities I already listed about her, but she was blessed with the body of a supermodel and the face of an angel too. I am still mesmerized by her good looks to this day, and maybe even more astounded by the fact that I am lucky enough to call her my own. I was clearly a saint in a past life to deserve her. (You know, there are some people who would say he was really BAD in the past life to deserve hurricane Sarah. Luckily he doesn't realize it yet.)
There you have it – 6 things I love about Sarah. I actually found this list exceptionally difficult, because how do you narrow down the things you love about someone to only the top 5?
One day a certain aspect of Sarah or our relationship stands out to me, the next day it is something entirely different that I’m most aware of. Regardless, rest assured that there countless more things I love for future lists…
Until Next Time,