Sunday, January 17, 2010

Obsession... is it REALLY a Problem?

Just a few Sunday tidbits that apparently I can't keep to myself.


Number 1: I don't care what anybody says, but Party in the USA is basically an awesome song. I don't care if Miley can't sing and is a hoochie-mama... "So I put my hands up, they're playin' my song..."

Number 2: I enjoy old Grey's Anatomy episodes to an unhealthy degree. Seriously, I think I've seen almost the entire series at least 3 times. There is always a Grey's disc in my DVD player.

Number 3: It is so foggy here in Indiana that a 10 minute drive took me almost 30 at midnight last night. And I may have been so disoriented by not being able to see houses and landmarks in this rural area that I almost missed a turn onto a highway. Literally, I didn't know if it was the highway or a random crossroad that I'd never noticed before. Usually there's a big barn on the right side of the road but I couldn't see it - hence my confusion.

Number 4: I love Target. And I found some cute stuff that I need opinions on. Haven't purchased any yet but am heading to Target at 2:30 PM EST for a girl date. Please advise.

First up, the Mossimo Black Womens Cascade Ruffle Top.
Yes, I realize it's sheer. (Like my bra?) I don't own any tops like this and really have no clue how I'm supposed to wear this (although I know it will def be with a cami). But it's on clearance for $5ish dollars and I like the color.

Next up: Merona Ebony Floral Skirt. On clearance for I believe $4.24. There were some not marked down but this one was.
It was $4 and black and white (my fav color combo), so I tried it on. Has a built-in slimmer under the skirt, although I could cut that out. Super comfy jersey fabric, looks like it would wash and wear very easily.

The last item I had questions about was a Liz Lange Maternity dress - $6 . Solid black jersey faux-wrap dress. I think it was $6 and it was adorable. Have been contemplating the weirdness of buying a maternity item when obviously not expecting all day.

And these last few items were semi-new arrivals that I'm debating but won't buy today. My theory on Target clothes is that everything goes on sale about once every 5 weeks. Seriously, you just have to wait and run the risk that some other person buys it in your size. So I'll definitely wait for a sale since I'm always at Target and can buy them another day. Or hopefully talk myself out of them cause I really don't need them.

Xhilaration Sleeveless Reversible Dress, $19.99 I like the pattern on the left (it's basically vertical lines of dots) but this dress hits several inches above my knee. Damn my height! (All 5' 7.5" of it!)


Next up, the Mossimo Supply Co. Sleeveless Dress in Oxford Blue, $19.99. Due to my long waist and the short length of this dress, it's probably a no-go with this dress. If they made this in a skirt, which I could size up in and wear it low low low to make it longer - I'd be sold.
It comes in a similar coral skirt and it's really freakin adorable.

This next one goes on sale all the time but I never paid attention to it until today. I have been SO missing out. Merona Fit Solutions Ruched Dress, $29.99. This one's black, but it also comes in brown (which is not my color, but it might be yours).
Underneath this dress is a body slimmer that runs from the bust to mid thigh. Basically, it's just a tube inside of the dress that you squeeze into. It felt tight as I was wriggling into it but once I had it on it was oh-so-comfy. And I felt oh-so-skinny in it. There's a reason it got 5 Stars in the 6 reviews on the Target website. The material it's made out of is silky and (as long as you don't put it in the dryer) I have a feeling this dress would last forever. Definitely buying this one, 100%.

And now I just have one rant. Target, I love your marketing. Love your colors and such. But you know what I hate. I hate that I walked in about 3 weeks ago and saw this new marketing:
And that dress will, I am 97% certain, never be available at my local store. And I'm gonna be FORCED to drive 45 miles and waste a whole afternoon to find out if the dress even fits me.

ANNOYING!

There, now I got all my Target obsessions off of my chest. Tell me if the clearance items are yes or no goes - by 3 PM EST if possible, so I can hopefully snatch them up today. Gosh, you all are so helpful.

Crap, am I a shopaholic? Don't answer that.

23 Classy Comments:

Justine said...

Yes on top, super cute and versatile. No on skirt, just a little "meh." just my opinion!! :)

designHER Momma said...

you are so darn cute! I'm a pretty basic/solid color girl and LOVE the first top w/ the ruffles. I'm thinking a white cami under it will be perfect.

Rachel said...

I love that last dress you tried on! I may have to go get it. I have a few sheer shirts like the one you posted and just wear them with a black or white cami. I love that look.

Target has a hold of my heart (and wallet) too!

Alison Kinsey said...

Sarah I love your Target post, they have so many great affordable pieces. I love the new Rodarte line too, it's fun. I don't really like the Merona ruched dress, but I like all the others! Happy Shopping.

xo

Kristin said...

Love the skirt, and the blouse. I'd say no on the dresses since they are a little short ( except the black one - amazing! I need it) and I say if you see a maternity thing that fits, why not? I sometimes stare longingly at their empire waisted adorableness, and wonder why they can't make shirts like that for my fat days (which occur quite often)

Eleanor said...

I like the sheer blouse and your abs.
Where did you get them????

P.S> The ruched dess was cute too!

http://shoppingthecloset.blogspot.com

N said...

I'll totally own up to having 2-3 maternity pieces (from Target) in my closet. A while back I picked up a skirt and didn't realize it was Liz Lange until a few months later. My thinking is that if they fit and look great, no one has to know they are maternity!

Heather said...

I love the black ruched dress, it looks AWESOME on you!

In This Wonderful Life said...

oh, when it comes to target, im SUCH a shopoholic!! I think anything on clearance for that cheap is worth getting if it's cute..those definitely are! Love the black dress..the dress with the stripes at the body is my least fav tho still cute. Can you order that one dress online and if it doesnt work just return it to your closest store..that one isn't 45 min away, right? good luck! xoxo

Unknown said...

I can't believe I missed the debut of your new layout. LOVE it. And what's wrong with the Oxford one-piece? It looked GREAT on you!!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Target has some fabulous deals, but I hate searching through their clearance. Plus, something you want is there ...... you just can't find it!!!

Gonezo said...

I LOVE the pink top, the striped dress and the black dress at the bottom. Very cute stuff.

RAW said...

I love that sheer top. You hauled some great deals. I'm envious. I always find cute things at Target, but nothing ever fits me correctly.

RAW said...

I love that sheer top. You hauled some great deals. I'm envious. I always find cute things at Target, but nothing ever fits me correctly.

allison said...

I swear you look cute in everything! I'm jealous b/c my short body doesn't look as cute in such a variety of clothes.

Amber said...

I love Miley Cyrus - her music is always on my workout mix!

Target is my obsession. I bought the white/black floral skirt that you were contemplating and I love it - especially for $4. I love the black dress for $30. I'm going to have to keep my eyes on it to see if it goes on sale soon...love, love it!!!

Thanks for sharing the great finds!

Cheerful Homemaker said...

The last couple of years I have hated shopping for clothes, mostly because I'm fluffy and nothing looks good on me. You're not a shopaholic. If I had a figure more like yours, I'd buy clothes all the time, too.

CIP said...

Crap. Now, I'm going to Target tomorrow.

http://www.target.com/Mossimo-Supply-Co-Juniors-Sleeveless/dp/B002R665YK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&searchView=grid5&frombrowse=0&node=1038576&keywords=oxford%20blue%20dress&field_browse=1038576&searchSize=30&id=Mossimo%20Supply%20Co%20Juniors%20Sleeveless&field_availability=-2&refinementHistory=subjectbin%2Ctarget_com_age%2Ctarget_com_gender-bin%2Ctarget_com_character-bin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_primary_color-bin%2Ctarget_com_size-bin%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&searchNodeID=1038576&field_launch-date=-1y&searchRank=target104545&searchPage=1&field_keywords=oxford%20blue%20dress I saw that one there and was going to get it...I like the way that kind of dress looks on my curvy body.

CIP said...

whooooaaaa sorry for the long link..not sure why that happened

MLC84 said...

I love the sheer top!! Very feminine.

barefootinthesand said...

haha LOVE Party in the USA! and I love the reversible dress.

Mrs. Hanson said...

Love it all! Buy, buy, buy...

SouthernBelleJM said...

I, so, wanted to try on the sleeveless dress in Oxford blue. They didn't have my size:( That sheer shirt is really cute.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity