Friday, December 18, 2009

1 Week Till Christmas

The countdown is on!!

Have you finished your shopping yet?? I am sorta done... unless you count my brother. He has literally told my dad and I that he doesn't want anything. I tried to buy him a sweater from American Eagle because it was cute and I had free shipping - and he said "I have too many clothes from there. I don't want it."

I'm notoriously picky to shop for, but he's just being a brat. 'Tis the season, right?

But with the exception of my brother, I'm basically done. I actually have a couple of returns that I want to do first thing this morning - just so I don't have to think about them after Christmas. And I can focus on the amazing after-Christmas deals.

The retail jungle enlightened me to the fact that some people haven't even started Christmas yet. I chatted with a grandmother yesterday who has 14 people coming into her home on Tuesday and she only purchased the first gift yesterday. I about had a heart attack at the thought.

As for me, the gifts are in the mail, there are presents under the tree (not all of them, but some of them), and there are cookies in my stomach. 'Tis good.

Come back Monday for my favorite part of Christmas. Besides the shopping and the getting pissed at relatives and gift-giving anxiety and whatnot.

Have a fabulous weekend!!

12 Classy Comments:

Sherrie said...

I am doing pretty well on my shopping. Not at all stressed about what I still need to purchase.

The Ratpack said...

Brothers are the worst to shop for! My brother was almost the very last gift I bought, and I had spent most of the month try to figure out what to get him.

I'm pretty good on shopping - thanks to the fact that we aren't having Christmas with the in-laws until the end of January - nothing like putting shopping off! Wrapping is what I'm waaaay behind on!

Anonymous said...

Bratty sibs. Le sigh. I have one two.

Hope you have a great weekend! :)

Mrs. Hanson said...

LOVE your new layout, pretty girl!

Glad to hear your pretty much done your Christmas shopping, wrapping, and shipping! Must. be. nice! I have about 5 more people left... but all kinds of goodies to wrap. Fly to Maine and help? ;)

...can't wait to hear your favorite part of Christmas! XOXO

PinkSass said...

Ummm love love love the new blog design!

In This Wonderful Life said...

SO sad Christmas is so soon!! I want this month to last forever!!

Savannah said...

I am one of those procrastinators that has not even started yet. I know, shame on me. I hope to get it all done this weekend. Funny how retail therapy isn't very theraputic when you are shopping for someone else.

Cheerful Homemaker said...

I'm not done either, but two of the three gifts I need to get are giftcards. Easy!

chelsea said...

Your brother is making your life as difficult as my sister has made mine. Instead of wanting nothing... she wants everything. Except she already has EVERYTHING because she just buys it herself. Or EVERYTHING in a Little Blue Box, if you know what I mean. ...and she's the only one I haven't bought for...

Shannon River said...

Sounds like a lump of coal is in order.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I finished everyone but the hubs today and cookies are being baked tomorrow. I'm almost there. Happy holidays to you!

Anonymous said...

I love, love your blog (and its makeover)! She did a fantastic job!! I only have one person left on my shopping list as well

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity