Monday, September 22, 2008

Live and Learn

So I came to school over a month ago.

I came with a car load of precious cargo junk.

I have enjoyed endless nights of binge-eating ice cream straight from the carton, midnight cookie-baking sprees, and at least 3 or 4 birthday cakes.

I have done countless hours of homework (boo!) and many hours of studying. Many many hours.

Apparently, I also came to school with far too much access to my checking/savings accounts. Since I've been to school, I've spent (gulp) well over $600.

I am trying to be more conscious about the money I spend. I am using coupons and watching for sales.

But it all adds up.
- Roommate's Birthday Celebration: $75 (neither of my other 2 roommates has paid me back...)
- Portfolio for Interviewing: $20
- Groceries: well over $100
And on and on and on.

I have been using my credit card but paid off the balance fully a couple of weeks ago. But the point is - I need to be more aware of the money I'm spending. I have money and I am fine with spending it - but what do I have to show for the money I'm spending? Not much.

This week I am going to really try and watch my spending. My new mantra will be: If I don't need it, don't buy it.

That doesn't count the cute new top I bought at American Eagle yesterday, does it?
Isn't it cute? And technically, I did buy it but didn't pay for it - I had a leftover gift card from last Christmas. And it was on sale for $19.99. Score.

Kind of a depressing Monday post - oh well!

love,


0 Classy Comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity