Friday, March 7, 2014

Five on Friday: Food and Movies

I've never linked up for the "Five on Friday" link-up.. but all the cool kids are doing it, so there ya have it.

1.  Wedding Albums.  HELP!!  I've been told Blurb, Shutterfly, and on and on and on... but I just have no clue where to start.  I know several other bloggers have waited for great sales to bite the bullet and order theirs - but I'm just overwhelmed.  Now I see why people might pay $1k for their photographer to make one for them!  At least it would be done!
2.  On Wednesday, snowflakes fell from the sky.  Just like, oh, every day ever for the past 2 months.  I decided to do my usual and made the world's best creamy tomato soup

It just tastes better when wearing a fuzzy pink bath robe.
3.  Divergent (the movie) comes out on our six month wedding anniversary.  Can you say yay for a built-in date night?!  However, I am also planning on heading to Pennsylvania on that very day, which means the date will be a bit delayed.  Either way, I'm pumped to see Divergent - and I won't say how many times I've watched the trailers on YouTube.

4.  If I had a million-dollar-a-month grocery budget - I could spend it.  I'm not sure what it is that I load up my cart with every week, but I get anxious if my cupboards aren't overflowing.  And the saddest part of all is that I always feel like we have "nothing to eat."  I need to do better about meal-planning.  And not wasting random groceries.

5. I've been on my husband for months about buying DVDS - we never even end up watching them because if it's not on Netflix, we ain't watching it.  However... I think this is going to jump into my arms at Target today.  Nobody tell my husband.


Have a fabulous weekend! 


8 Classy Comments:

the girl in the red shoes said...

Okay, I've used blurb and shutterfly for for albums and they both turned out great....you need to just bite the bullet and do it! Reserve an entire day....trust me. And how did I miss the fact that catching fire is out??? OMG buying it today!

melissa said...

Wedding album guilt - it is real! I still have no wedding album and we've been married five years. The thought of tackling one of those sites to put something together just stresses me too much. I would pay GOOD money for someone to do that for me.

Leslie said...

I'm getting the Hunger Games, too! That's one I want for our collection. Other than that, we stick to Netflix as well!

JMO said...

Ours was included in the package with our photographer and was definitely not 1,000 whew- but yea it is awesome having it done and bound for you! I've done mini ones on shutterfly and they turn out LOVELY! I still need to see Catching Fire- thanks for reminding me!!

Lisa Loves John said...

That tomato soup looks so, so yummy!! :)

Happy Friday, pretty lady!

Leslie H. said...

Let me know what company you end up going with for a photo book and how it goes. I keep wanting to make one but feel like I don't even know where to start

Melanie said...

Ha, I still feel like we live parallel lives sometimes!

I've done my homework, and I've decided I'll be making our "supplement" wedding album through Artifact Uprising. It's not crazy expensive, and I've seen some of their stuff that some friends have had printed. We are doing an "official" album through our photographer, but after the 75 pictures picked for it I still have about 100 I want to put in a book... so I'll use this site to make that second album.

I'm the SAME way with groceries. I've gotten all domestic though and have been sitting down a few minutes on Sundays to plan the week's meals. We have been saving a ton of money just because I spend 10-15 minutes making a plan.

And oh my goodness, my hubby would buy every movie on Amazon if he could. We have more movies than anyone should have. I think it's a guy thing. I've convinced him to reign it in so we can plan a 1st anniversary trip in August... which is crazy to me that we're already thinking about hitting the 1 year mark!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Love that movie! Have you read the Divergent books? I am really excited about the movie but I'm still bitter about the last book.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity