Considering I got married this year, I'm really surprised I had much time to read at all. I had a lovely, relaxing honeymoon and only read a couple of books while propped up on the beach.
I have LOVED being a member of goodreads for the past couple of years, and it really helps me to look back on my reading history and see how far I've come (and how many pages I've read!)
In 2010, I read 65 books and didn't document them particularly well on the blog.
In 2011 (the year I met Mr. RH and fell head over heels), I read only 39 books!
In 2012, I got engaged and got really happy and read 78 books! Dang!
And this year, drumroll please, I read 63 out of my goal of 69 books. Only a 91%. Whomp!
I can't decide if I need to up my goal or just hang tight for 2013. Still a lot of big days ahead, I think!
I am still using my same color-coding system for recommendations...
Excellent Reads (Blue!)
Hated the Plot Reads (Red)
And the ones in black...meh. Clearly they didn't make an impact.
- Free Fall by Fern Michaels
- Hide and Seek by Fern Michaels
- Hokus Pocus by Fern Michaels
- Fast Track by Fern Michaels
- Collateral Damage by Fern Michaels
- Let’s Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson
- The City of Ember (Book of Ember, Book 1) by Jeanne DuPrau
- The People of Sparks (Book of Ember, Book 2) by Jeanne DuPrau
- The Prophet of Yonwood (Book of Ember, Book 3) by Jeanne DuPrau
- The Diamond of Darkhold (Book of Ember, Book 4) by Jeanne DuPrau
- The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson & The Olympians #1) by Rick Riordan
- If I Stay (If I Stay #1) by Gayle Forman
- Size 14 is Not Fat Either by Meg Cabot
- Graceling (Graceling #1) by Kristin Cashore
- The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson & The Olympians #2) by Rick Riordan
- The Maze Runner (Maze Runner #1) by James Dashner
- The Titan’s Curse (Percy Jackson & The Olympians #3) by Rick Riordan
- The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson & The Olympians #4) by Rick Riordan
- Where She Went (If I Stay #2) by Gayle Forman
- The Scorch Trials (Maze Runner #2) by James Dashner
- The Death Cure (Maze Runner #3) by James Dashner
- This Little Piggy Went to the Liquor Store by A.K. Turner
- Sleeping with Mr. Sexy by S. L. Scott
- Across the Universe by Beth Revis
- Thumped (Bumped #2) by Megan McCafferty
- The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson & The Olympians #5) by Rick Riordan
- The Giver (Giver Quartet #1) by Lois Lowry
- Jane Austen Ruined My Life by Beth Pattillo
- Fire (Graceling #2) by Kristin Cashore
- Hana (Delirium #1.5) by Lauren Oliver
- Gathering Blue (Giver Quartet #2) by Lois Lowry
- The Power of Six (Lorien Legacies #2) by Pittacus Lore
- Love and Other Perishable Items by Laura Buzo
- I Remember Nothing: and Other Reflections by Nora Ephron
- Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles #1) by Kami Garcia
- MWF Seeking BFF by Rachel Bertsche
- Larkspur Cove (Moses Lake, Book #1) by Lisa Wingate
- Blue Moon Bay (Moses Lake, Book #2) by Lisa Wingate
- Speaking from Among the Bones (Flavia de Luce #5) by Alan Bradley
- Reached (Matched #3) by Ally Condie
- Wedding Night by Sophie Kinsella
- The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden #1) by Julie Kagawa
- Bad Habits: Confessions of a Recovering Catholic by Jenny McCarthy
- Bossypants by Tina Fey
- Beach Music by Pat Conroy
- The Time Keeper by Mitch Albom
- The Naming (Books of Pellinor #1) by Alison Croggon
- The Riddle (Books of Pellinor #2) by Alison Croggon
- The Crow (Books of Pellinor #3) by Alison Croggon
- The Singing (Books of Pellinor #4) by Alison Croggon
- Bitterblue (Graceling #3) by Kristin Cashore
- Incarceron (Incarceron #1) by Catherine Fisher
- The House that Love Built by Beth Wiseman
- How I Lost You by Janet Gurtler
- My Life After Now by Jessica Verdi
- Allegiant (Divergent #3) by Veronica Roth
- The Kill Order (Maze Runner #.5) by James Dashner
- Jane Austen Goes to Hollywood by Abby McDonald
- Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter
- Shatter Me (Shatter Me #1) Tahereh Mafi
- The Bet (The Bet #1) by Rachel Van Dyken
- Lost and Profound by Summer Felix
- Hopeless (Hopeless #1) by Colleen Hoover
- 2011: 16,801 pages
- 2012: 25,706 pages
- 2013: 20,638 pages
I read some REALLY excellent series books this year, as usual - it's my favorite way to read! I like to get waay involved with my characters.
If you need a couple series to read: The Maze Runner Series, The Graceling Series, and The City of Ember are all pretty awesome. And Percy Jackson and The Olympians if you're into a kids/YA series.
I'd love to hear what you read in 2013! Send me the links to your book lists if you have one!