Shh, don't tell my future self who will forget this as soon as I publish it... but I'm actually publishing this post a couple weeks late. Christmas really kicked my tush this year and I couldn't get myself together to get this post up. Such is life!
Three months of marriage. Seems like such a tiny, minute slice of time, right? I'm pretty sure in college I had stretches where I didn't wash my sheets for three months. (Ok, I know for sure that's a lie, cause dirty sheets are disgusting.)
- Getting a sweet new couch for our sweet little love nest. I don't really have a good picture of it yet, but suffice it to say it's been a nice spot to rest my tush after a long month in the retail jungle.
- Doing tons of Christmas shopping for my new family. It's definitely a new (HUGE!) undertaking compared to what I'm used to, but it's been a fun labor of love.
- Having a date-day with the RH family to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra's "Lost Christmas" show.
- Hitting our stride a little bit in marriage. We had a much smoother month in terms of arguing and bickering over dumb things... probably because we were so busy we didn't have time to nit-pick! :)
- Disagreeing over when we got our new couch. I would have included it in our 2 month recap if we had it.... but the man believes I'm crazy and we got it earlier. What-ever.
- Seeing my husband on our 3 month anniversary for less than 5 minutes. I worked on the Friday night before our anniversary until 1 am. He had to be at work around 6 am, so he was in bed before I even got home. I worked past midnight again on the 21st (yay Super Saturday!), so the only real communication we had was via text. Not gonna lie, it was a tough wake-up call for both of us at how unbalanced our work lives were during the holiday season.