Saturday, December 21, 2013

#SBwed: Month 3

Shh, don't tell my future self who will forget this as soon as I publish it... but I'm actually publishing this post a couple weeks late. Christmas really kicked my tush this year and I couldn't get myself together to get this post up.  Such is life!


Three months of marriage.  Seems like such a tiny, minute slice of time, right?  I'm pretty sure in college I had stretches where I didn't wash my sheets for three months.  (Ok, I know for sure that's a lie, cause dirty sheets are disgusting.)

Month 3. 

Highs
  • Getting a sweet new couch for our sweet little love nest.  I don't really have a good picture of it yet, but suffice it to say it's been a nice spot to rest my tush after a long month in the retail jungle. 
  • Doing tons of Christmas shopping for my new family.  It's definitely a new (HUGE!) undertaking compared to what I'm used to, but it's been a fun labor of love.
  • Having a date-day with the RH family to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra's "Lost Christmas" show.  
  • Hitting our stride a little bit in marriage.  We had a much smoother month in terms of arguing and bickering over dumb things... probably because we were so busy we didn't have time to nit-pick!  :)

Lows
  • Disagreeing over when we got our new couch.  I would have included it in our 2 month recap if we had it.... but the man believes I'm crazy and we got it earlier.  What-ever.
  • Seeing my husband on our 3 month anniversary for less than 5 minutes.  I worked on the Friday night before our anniversary until 1 am.  He had to be at work around 6 am, so he was in bed before I even got home.  I worked past midnight again on the 21st (yay Super Saturday!), so the only real communication we had was via text.  Not gonna lie, it was a tough wake-up call for both of us at how unbalanced our work lives were during the holiday season.  
It's a little bit sad how quickly that month flew and how little I remember about it.  Let's try to do better in month 4, eh?

0 Classy Comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity