Last year, in 2010, I read 65 books. I don't remember all of them, but I do remember the fact that I spent much of the year with a book in my hand.
This year, I was rolling right along with books and then... Mr. RH came along. It's weird - because he loves books and loves to read - but our relationship caused my book reading to take a SERIOUS nosedive. In the past, I'd spend 2 hours in bed reading every night. Now... I stay up way past my bedtime to sneak in some quality time with him while our lives are still crazy and hectic.
I'm not sad about it - because the books will be around long after Mr. RH and I are old and gray - but I definitely need to put a little priority back on reading this year. My grand total of books for this year? 39.
Out of my goal of 70. Whoops.
So, without further ado, my book list. I was going to add pictures and captions for all of them... but then it would be February and I would have carpel tunnel from this dang computer.
For reference, I am color coding all the books. So you know which ones were the best:
Excellent Reads (Blue!)
Hated the Plot Reads (Red)
And the ones in black...meh. Clearly they didn't make an impact.
- The Other Mothers' Club, Samantha Baker
- Big Stone Gap, Adriana Trigiani
- Big Cherry Holler, Adriana Trigiani
- Milk Glass Moon, Adriana Trigiani
- Home to Big Stone Gap, Adriana Trigiani
- If You Lived Here, You'd Be Home Now, Claire LaZebnik
- Remember Me?, Sophie Kinsella
- Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West, Gregory Maguire
- Very Valentine, Adriana Trigiani
- Brava, Valentine, Adriana Trigiani
- Gilead, Marilynne Robinson
- Pretty in Plaid, Jen Lancaster
- Home, Marilynne Robinson
- The Host, Stephanie Meyer
- Outlander, Diana Gabaldon
- Dragonfly in Amber (Outlander #2), Diana Gabaldon
- Voyager (Outlander #3), Diana Gabaldon
- Drums of Autumn (Outlander #4), Diana Gabaldon
- The Fiery Cross (Outlander #5), Diana Gabaldon
- A Breath of Snow and Ashes (Outlander #6), Diana Gabaldon
- An Echo in the Bone (Outlander #7), Diana Gabaldon
- Bumped, Megan McCafferty
- The Girls from Ames, Jeffery Zaslow
- Lies that Chelsea Handler Told Me, Chelsea Handler
- The Idiot Girls' Action Adventure Club, Laurie Notaro
- Autobiography of a Fat Bride, Laurie Notaro
- Divergent, Veronica Roth
- Mennonite in a Little Black Dress, Rhoda Janzen
- Then Came You, Jennifer Weiner
- I Love Everybody, Laurie Notaro
- Matched (Matched #1), Ally Condie
- There's a Slight Chance I Might be Going to Hell, Laurie Notaro
- Heart of the Matter, Emily Giffin
- Hush Hush (Hush Hush #1), Becca Fitzpatrick
- Crescendo (Hush Hush #2), Becca Fitzpatrick
- The Idiot Girl and the Flaming Tantrum of Death, Laurie Notaro
- Summer at Tiffany, Marjorie Hart
- The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie, Alan Bradley
- Crossed (Matched #2), Ally Condie
- One Fifth Avenue, Candace Bushnell
Last year, I read 24,447 pages - this year, 17,651. A difference of 6,796. Ooops.
If you need recommendations, definitely start with the ones I posted in green above. I think they are all page-turners and I think I would read them all again. If I didn't have a million other books that I want to get to soon!
Actually, I'm not sure I have that many that I want to read... but I'm sure after you all tell me what you read this year I'll have plenty to add to my list. RIGHT?
Soo... what did you read in 2011?? Please please post the link if you posted a yearly book roundup - I'd love to read them and link them all up!
Here's to hoping I get a little more on-track in 2012.... or not.
(Also, you should totally be my friend on Goodreads.)