Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Wedding Wednesday: Killing Me Softly

Back in my early #almosthitchedbitch days, I thought all the details would be fun.  Designing cute programs and little tidbits here and there.

But now that the pressure is seriously on (23 days!), I have very little opinion left to offer.  That, or I'm just too tired to care (says the girl who was awake for the day at 3 am yesterday FOR NO REASON).

Currently, my centerpieces are kinda-sorta taking shape.
 


Of course, now that I have the "bare bones" taken care of... the rest seems overly complicated and scary.  And I don't know what to dooooooooo.

The candy bar is overly stressful and will probably result in my hoovering candy into my mouth from a bag at 2 am on the day of the wedding.  And I'm very tempted to just drop a huge load of cash (good question, where IS that cash coming from?) just to have someone do it for me for-the-love-of-Jesus.

I found some cute treat bags.... but then I'm not sure if the retro-ish look of them satisfies the un-retro feel of the reception.  Does everything have to MATCH for the love of Pete?  (The answer is yes.)


I absolutely fell head-over-heels in love with these table numbers (and they're inexpensive, so WIN), but they absolutely do not match the feel of anything whatsoever, so I must leave these soldiers behind.  WEEEEP.






So.  That's where I'm at.

This is apparently the whole level of coherency I can muster at this point. 

I fear for the next 23 days. 


9 Classy Comments:

Tess said...

I feel you girl, I really do.

20 days was about the point where I started to say, Screw it, to a lot of little things. My table numbers were gross, hotel provided things, but I didn't even care.

Kelly B. said...

I'm going to go ahead and say not everything needs to match. My rehearsal dinner invite only matches to the extent that there's some cursive writing and some standard writing on it, otherwise not at all. Table numbers are a free for all, who says they need to match! Those are beautiful! The one thing I've been having a hard time letting go of is that the fonts all need to match on all the signs. I guarantee you nobody else will notice and the wedding will look beautiful!

druz75 said...

i say skip the candy bar if it's that stressful. we didn't do favors and instead donated the money we would have spent to the make a wish foundation. i printed the certifciate we received, framed it, and stood it by the guest book.

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

I think there's something to the advice of - if you like it, it will all match. As long as the colors aren't completely garrish, it will all look amazing. I promise.

DetroitDuchess said...

I started using Etsy for everything at the end, I found some fantastic people that way.

Although, I cut it a little too close on my place cards. The postman tried to deliver them the day before the wedding and didn't think we were home so I had to call the post office and track him down all over the neighborhood.

Thankfully, I found him and got everything set up in time but I was very close to giving a whole new meaning to the term "going postal."

Good luck with everything! From what I can see of the centerpieces so far they look fabulous!

Meg @ write meg! said...

Everything will come together and will look awesome! I agree that not everything has to match... in fact, most of our things "match" simply because they're in the same color family and carry the vintage vibe -- little else. I think the treat bags are very cute and don't feel necessarily "retro" to me -- I would go for it! :)

Unknown said...

oooooooh!!

Jessie Jones said...

Good luck dear! It will all come together - and I think those centerpieces are going to look awesome. Love the metallic colors!

Stephanie @ Tailgatequeen said...

They look great... everything will come together... slowly but surely, usually accompanied by a headache!


Steph
Tailgate Queen - game day dresses

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity