Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Virtual Bridesmaid

Virtual Bridesmaid

I am currently facing a dilemma.
Over the summer, one of my very closest friends from high school got engaged. We have several close friends, so I was completely surprised when she asked me to be her Maid of Honor. I was (and still am) so completely excited and just thrilled to death for the wedding and all that goes along with it.

The problem is, I am basically a virtual bridesmaid. She is away in West Lafayette going to school, and I’m up in South Bend being busy. I have SO many responsibilities at school (I’m an RA, in way too many clubs, and take on any random responsibility that comes my way). Hi, my name is Sarah and I’m addicted to responsibility.

So the problem is this: basically, I’ve been the worst maid of honor ever. Because of the timing of her engagement, I believe she just had a small engagement party with her and his family. We went dress shopping together – tried on brides and maid dresses. I changed her mind from burgundy to black for her after-Christmas wedding; I love burgundy, but half the bridal party would’ve looked like corpses.

Anyways, so far she’s: sent out save-the-dates, tried narrowing the guest list, picked the chapel, booked the reception hall, purchased a dress, and who knows what else. All without the support of her Maid of Honor.

So what do I do? How can I be there, when obviously I’m here? I wish these things didn’t keep me up at night!! I am possibly the worst maid of honor ever.

0 Classy Comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity