Tuesday, July 8, 2014

My 15 Minutes

Just wanted to take a quick minute to document one of the highlights (or lowlights?) of my involvement in social media.  (Do I sound like a loser?  Don't answer that.)

On Wednesday, June 25th, I was just hanging out and watching the Today Show, as often happens in the morning when my husband is sleeping.

Lo and behold, 25 minutes into the show, my face pops up on the screen.  I'm not sure I even reacted because I was so confused.




Yep, I got my tweet read on the Today Show because I tweeted about the family who attempted to scam KFC for money for a little girl's medical expenses.

To be clear, I have nothing but pity for the sweet little girl.... however, I have nothing but disrespect for her family.

I can only imagine how much trouble all the employees were in that were accused of discriminating against the sweet girl.  I'm fairly sure that all of the minimum-wage workers who work in that location were probably in fear of losing their jobs over something that never even happened.  Raaaage.

Yep, my 15 minutes of fame.  Me and KFC.

Classic.

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity