Friday, February 7, 2014

Wedding Photos: First Look

Ahh yes, wedding photos.  Where did we leave off?  Preparing to see each other for the first time!!

If you are on the fence as to whether or not you should see your spouse before the wedding - DO IT.

Oh, I know, the romance.  Seeing each other for the first time as I walked down the aisle?  What could be more romantic?!

Oh, I know.  Spending a few minutes ALONE, just the two of us, to get rid of those jitters and actually TALK for the first and potentially only time of the day.

The other time I remember talking was in the car on the way to the reception - and he was annoyed because I was being bossy to our friends during photo-taking.

Alrighty then.   Let's not touch THAT sentiment with a ten-foot-pole.  Because goodness-forbid I get BOSSY while taking the ONLY wedding photos I'll ever have.  B'scuze me.

As always, all photos are by CarisDesign.

The poor guy was waiting (and waiting and waiting) for me in the back yard of my friend's gorgeous home.  I think these photos really capture what a STUNNING day it was!


Right as I stood on the edge of the concrete patio... I realized I really didn't know how to walk on any non-smooth surface in my dress.  Uh oh!  


Maybe if I just smile and pose for a minute I'll figure it out.

Nope, time to improvise.


I love how the veil trailed out behind me.  Swoon!!


 I wish I could remember what I said to him to make him turn around.  I wish I had said "Hey everybody, come see how good I look..." but then again I don't even like Will Ferrell movies. 

 

I think it was more along the lines of "Hey, hi!" 

 Late-breaking thought before this moment: do we want to kiss before the ceremony?


 And then, oh screw tradition, I'm SO EXCITED!!

I just LOVE what the wind is doing to the veil in the photo below.  Wish we had run with it even more and done a pretty, gauzy photo with more veil action.



And then things got lovey-dovey.


God I love the details below.




And last but not least - probably our best wedding portrait from the whole experience.  The good grandparent approved photo - with nice faces and all.


It was also the star of our Christmas card.

And that was all the photos before the wedding.  We had a spare hour or two, but before we even knew it it was time to run off to the chapel!

7 Classy Comments:

Meg @ write meg! said...

Simply gorgeous! The setting, the sunlight, your veil... and, yeah, you two crazy kids. :)

Totally agree on doing a first look before the ceremony. It instantly calmed all my nerves to see my guy, and we also got our best bridal portraits of the day in that timeframe! My family wasn't really on board with the idea of breaking tradition and seeing each other "before the wedding," but, um... well, it was the wedding day, and we got married about an hour later. So. Haha!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

The photos are stunning! I love how both of you looked in the light and the wind!

Lindsay said...

GORGEOUS!!! I think first look photos are always my favorite from a wedding. There's just something so romantic about them...

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

Sonya said...

Beautiful photos! We did a first look too. The best picture is the one with my niece, the flower girl, following me out to see my groom. It was darling! We also did all of our pictures beforehand because we didn't want a big gap between the ceremony and reception since we had a Friday evening wedding that started at 6:30.

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

Gorgeous. Simply gorgeous.

Southern Living: Preppy Style said...

Beautiful! Stunning! I'm so glad to be catching up when I get to see these lovely pictures! The flowers, how they pop! Just beautiful!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity