Um, first of all, HOLY COW. Was that day seriously a month ago? I feel like it has been seconds and a lifetime since that day.
Also, unrelated note, WHO ARE THOSE ATTRACTIVE PEOPLE?! (And no, we don't have the pro pics back yet. I am on pins and very excited needles.)
Soo. Marriage. I've talked about wedding-stuff mostly non-stop for a year, but marriage? Yikes!
Because I have already forgotten SO much about that (awesome! dare I say perfect?!) day, I thought it would be fun to recap each month with some highs and lows from each month of marriage.
Without further ado.... Month 1.
- Waking up next to my best friend.
- Buying our first piece of furniture as a married couple - a couch! We bought it sight unseen, and Mr. RH actually ordered it while I was visiting my goddaughter. Eeeek! I can't wait to meet it.
- Opening and using 99% of our wedding gifts. Mr. RH insisted we actually open and use everything. If it were up to me, 75% of it all would still be in boxes, waiting for the "perfect occasion" to break them open.
- Honeymoon!! A whole week of relaxation and eating. Not enough beach for my taste, but there will always be beaches.
Torn between this photo and a photo of me looking tan and hot on the beach. So torn.
- The picnic that the catering facility sent home with us. It made a delicious second dinner after midnight. And for breakfast the next day. #littlepiggies
- Shaving my legs less than 4 times in the past month. Marriage is amazing and magical!
- Celebrating the marriage of one of my BFF's exactly 2 weeks after our wedding day. It was all a little surreal and trippy - and I wish I had been a little bit more present and detached from my own wedding... but it was amazing, and I basically danced my ass off. Two weeks after dancing my ass off.
If you're keeping track, that's -1 ass I'm in possession of. Also, I'm gigantic.
- Putting our new little home together, together. Mr. RH would prefer if everything was magically unpacked and put away and perfect, but I'm enjoying the process. Once it's over... it's over! (aka, time to re-decorate!) I use the term decorate loosely.
- Making decisions together. It's fun... except when it's not.
- Leftover wedding cake. We were planning on eating the top of our cake on our 1 month anniversary, but we just finished off my birthday cake. 2 month cake?!
- Stupid asshole pens. I would say our first fight was when I left a pen, exactly like this, sitting on the coffee table. Apparently, keeping it un-clicked (is it clicked or un-clicked?) is a sin punishable by death. Hint: I'm dead.
- Getting used to two different schedules. I'm no longer getting up at 6 am, but I'm also not getting much sleep. #sotired
- Guilt-free shopping seems to have disappeared. When I was squandering my own fortunes, I couldn't have been happier. Now it just feels selfish. Although I am treating myself to a new purse for my birthday.... last week. Someday.
- The arguing. It's been a very happy month, but dang if we haven't argued over the silliest things.
- Kinda letting my looks fall apart. My eyebrows are starting to merge together. In all fairness, one of my bridesmaids has my tweezers from applying false lashes during our hair appointments. In all fairness, I have at least 2 other pairs around here somewhere. Maybe.
- Turning 27. I'm getting to the point where birthdays are really losing their appeal.
- Finding out that the cards Mr. RH bought me for our wedding day are lost. I actually never got to read them on our wedding day, and I wish I had at least seen them. At least the (scary!) book he bought me for our honeymoon didn't get lost!
My card for Mr. RH. Sealed with a kiss!
- Feeling like there's never enough time. I have so much to say that sometimes I feel like there are never enough hours together. I'll probably be over that in month 2, right?
I feel like I have a hundred more items to add, but I've got to save something for next month!