Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Honeymoon Recap, Part 2

I woke up this morning to a tiny pile of snow on my windshield.  VOMIT. 

Needless to say, it seems like an excellent time for a post about our honeymoon.... because it was above 80 degrees and I would prefer to be there.  DUH.

In the recap part 1, I shared some of our adventures and little sights we found while wandering.  Today, it's mostly beach pictures.  We didn't spend quite enough time at the beach for my liking... but then again, I never like sand as much as I think I'm going to. 

The first pic was a dream pic that I was hoping to get of Mr. RH and I together.  Of course, we couldn't get a picture in this pretty little park together.  No wandering photographers, dang.


One thing we did daily was head to a lock that separated the Atlantic to some inland waterways.  It was a great place to spot wildlife that might get trapped in the doors opening and closing.  The one animal we always spotted were manatees.  They seem to be pretty easy-going!!

There are 3 in the pic below.


We always saw the prettiest sunsets from the lock, too.





One morning, I begged Mr. RH to come see the sunset on the beach.  He was not impressed.  I had figured out the perfect place to set our camera.  I had figured the perfect place to pose.  A gorgeous, beautiful red lifeguard's chair.  I have a pic of myself on one in Lake Michigan that is one of my most favorite photos.


As soon as we got close, Mr. RH saw the sign that declared climbing on the lifeguard chair to be a trespassing violation.  I was heartbroken.  It was around 8 am, maybe earlier.... and there weren't many souls on the beach. 

I was convinced snapping one pic wouldn't get us thrown in the slammer, but SOMEONE wouldn't budge.  He told me to climb up for a picture alone, but I didn't want to risk it for just myself.  Cause I'm a team player, and I'd like to be arrested WITH my husband if push came to shove.

Stupid asshole rules.  I wasn't going to pretend to lifeguard or save anyone.  One pic, 60 seconds tops!

Alas, there was no husband or wife perched atop for the picture.  Le sigh.  Entire trip wasted.

Although, I did convince him to take a single glamour shot of me.  And then he was done with photos for the morning.  Humph.  Life of crime averted. 


Ahh, toes in the sand.  Vs. toes in boots, which is what I'll have today.


Luckily, the husband was sleepy enough that I could snap some pics on the sly.  


Probably my favorite from the whole trip below.  It turned out all washed out, which I love.


 Ohhh, sweet relaxing honeymoon.  Wish I were back there today!


 Now, if I only had a one-way ticket to the beach this morning...

6 Classy Comments:

Tess said...

So funny about the dang lifeguard chair. Joel would be the SAME way. Like, who is going to come and grab us? Such babies!

Either way, I do love the picture of Mr.RH looking at the sunrise - so it wasn't a total bust.

Can we go on honeymoons every month? Is that too much to ask?

Claudz said...

I love the honeymoon photos - only of one person!
I want to be at the beach NOW....and back on honeymoon

Unknown said...

I would have to get Husby drunk to take that picture - but it would have been a good one! Stupid boys. Beautiful photos though!

Desiree Lynn said...

It would have been reverse for us. The hubs would have been dragging me into the lifeguard chair haha. That would have been a cute picture though!

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

So sweet! I wish my hubby liked the beach and would take me there. I like nothing more than to relax by the water. Looks like you guys had a great time!

Jessie Jones said...

So beautiful. I want to go to the beach now. Sigh.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity