I actually DO have something coherent to say.... but I lack the brain power to really get it out here. Today, you get bullet points.
- Thank you for all the kind words over the past few days. My grandma's funeral was beautiful, and a really fitting tribute to a tiny powerhouse of a lady. I've taken much comfort from all your condolences, but also from the fact that she's been reunited with my grandpa - and mom. And somehow, that makes it a little less painful.
- The church where the funeral was held is SO beautiful. Blessed Sacrament Church in Springfield, Illinois. It's where my parents got married.
- The absolute WORST part of funerals is the very end. Rolling the casket away, knowing that everything's over and everyone is just expected to pack up and go home. I felt like I kept myself pretty composed, but I was a mess walking out of the church. Even though we went on to the cemetery afterwards.
- I ate like I weighed 300 pounds for the past two days, and it was glorious. Not looking forward to coming back to reality today. Spinach salad, anyone? Blah!
- I left my pillow at a hotel in Springfield, Illinois. I had been searching for its replacement for almost 2 years - and had been failing miserably. I realize they could probably ship it to me, but I'm using this as excuse to buy some pillows off my registry.
- Speaking of which, my shower is in less than 2 weeks. We get the keys to our new apartment a couple of days before. I'm not busy or anything.
- It's not a trip to Springfield, Illinois without Sno-Bizz in the summer. This place is 2 blocks from the house my grandparents raised their 9 kids in.... so, naturally, it required a return trip. For the memories.
- I can't tell if it's my cry-face in the photo above... or if I'm blinking. Or winking. Or maybe I've developed a wonky eye? Hard to tell.
- Work is really stressing me out. I commend people who live with high levels of stress on a daily basis. You are ROCKSTARS and I am not one of you.
- I need something that makes me feel beautiful to wear to my bridal shower.
- I need to stop spending money. Hahahahahaha, I know, right?