Two years ago today, Mr. RH told me he loved me for the first time. And in 45 days (or 44 days, if you go by the countdown app and it's after 4 pm), I will be walking down the aisle to meet him.
The last time I updated The List was at 75 days. Thirty days ago. And holyshit I haven't really crossed off much at all. There is SO MUCH going on at work, and my days off are getting cut here, there, and everywhere.
So. The list.If you have any insight into something I've missed, you KNOW I want to know about it! I've also removed a lot of the things that are done.... but of course, that makes my list look extra sparse! Eep!
- Gift for Groom - maybe we can splurge for something on the honeymmoon?
- Wedding Jewelry - Returned earrings, repurchased them (with more cash back thanks to ebates!)…. I still can’t decide if the chandeliers are too big for the ceremony.
- Garter - I think I want one. Haven't ordered it.
- Guest Book - Do I want to use a photo or something more basic/generic?
- Finalize Flower-Girl Dresses
- Toasting Flutes - on the registry...
- Bridesmaids Gifts - got part of it ordered, but haven't heard a peep about when it's shipping.
- Rehearsal Dinner Dress - I've scoured the internet and haven't found the one.
- Cake Stand and Server - I want.
- Gifts for Parents - maybe just write them a sweet card?
- Book Videographer - still struggling over this. My dad, head of the finances, says unequivocally NO. Not sure if we can swing what I want otherwise. Also, I have 6 paychecks until this wedding. Not enough.
- Rehearsal Dinner - work out which relatives will be in town and see how this changes the head count
- Music List to DJ
- Toss the Bouquet? How do we feel about this? I kinda feel bad doing it… it’s cute when everyone’s younger, but I feel like it’s more awkward now that so many people are married.
- Rehearsal Dinner Activities - fun game with prizes?
- Find out if I passed the Natural Family Planning class - still waiting
- Update Wedding Website - this needs major help
- Find a Makeup Artist - this may be considered tacky or low-rent... but I think I may ask my favorite Clinique lady to do my makeup and just get some heavy-duty setting spray. She did a pretty spectacular job on the engagement photos.
- Hair Trial - Wednesday before the wedding
- Makeup Trial
- Second (Potentially Final?) Dress Fitting - August 21st
- Meet with Florist and Finalize Flowers
- Start to Create Centerpieces – haven't done a thing
Address and Mail Invitations- DONE
- Photo Wish-List for Photographer - see my pinterest account?
- Book Bridal Party Transportation from Wedding to Reception
- Bridal Emergency Kit – put it together. Now, seriously.
- Bridal Shower - August18th – just got a tiny sneak peek on the invite. DYING.
- Moving Into Newlywed Apartment – August 15th. Not a lot going on that week or anything. WOOF.
Get Marriage License
- Have Lace Bolero/Wrap (required by church) Tailored
- Second/Final Dress Fittings
- Order Engagement Photo Prints, Canvas, Etc
- Confirm Rehearsal Dinner with Priest, Bridal Party
- Wedding Day Itinerary and Schedule (for family and bridal party)
Meet the new priest who will be marrying us. Find out if we have to take more per-marital counseling.Our original priest will be marrying us.
- Choose Readings for Ceremony
- Find Ceremony Readers, Gift Bearers
- Pick Ceremony Musicians, Music.
- Ceremony Programs
- Say “I Do”
- Verify Getaway Car Transportation (Wedding Week-Of)
- Candy Bar – order candy, find containers to use.
Tasting for Reception Venue
- Head Count and Final Menu to Caterer – September 6th
- Seating Chart
- Place Cards
- Kid-Friendly Entertainment – coloring pages, crayons, etc
- Make “Card Box” for Reception
- It might be cheesy, but I really need to have a "sparkler exit" at the reception
- Coordinate who will be responsible for gifts after wedding
- Tips for Staff
- Going-Away Outfit
- Honeymoon - booked flights and a condo in Florida starting the day after the wedding
- Arrange for Tuxes to be Returned
- Order Thank-You Notes