Ho-ly-cow! You guys.
I get married 100 days from today. Just typing that line makes my heart skip a beat. I cannot believe that I'm actually getting married - and soon.
It's getting to the point where I am starting and finishing wedding tasks practically on autopilot - which is good and scary!
Yesterday, Mr. RH and I had a whirlwind date afternoon. I had worked a long day at work and was exceptionally weary... he was not happy to be on our little mission - which included buying a suit, returning some engagement-photo-shoot-outfit rejects, and celebrating our anniversary.
The afternoon? Was a disaster. We had a little silent treatment on both sides, minor name-calling, approximately 53 dirty looks shared, and - truly - the injustice that I didn't even get to browse at DSW - and undoubtedly DSW probably held all the secrets to truly unending happiness, for one night only - last night. Someone, who shall remain nameless, guilt-tripped her fiance, whined until there was no whine left, and cried multiple times. I won't tell you if the tears were shed exclusively for shoe-shopping or not.
Things really hit a high note when Mr. RH told me that I was "over-complicating" the wedding process, and that if he were planning it himself the planning would all be finished.
Oh yes he did. And I actually didn't even bite his head off, which I think shows a lot about me and how much restraint I have.
A couple hours, a little light groveling (on both sides), maybe a wee bit of woe-is-me-ness (I won't claim that it was me!), and we parted ways (for the night!) with a smile on our faces. Maybe sometimes, a little reality check of IT COULD BE MUCH WORSE makes you grateful for what you do have. Right?
Yeah, I don't know either.
That, my friends, is real-life wedding planning. Sometimes, your groom inserts his ENTIRE size 12 foot directly into his mouth. And then you may hope he chokes on it. (The kind of choke that you cough up with maybe puke. Not the turn blue and die choke. Just so we're clear.)
All-in-all, yesterday gave me the beautiful gift of perspective. In the next 100 days, I will probably have: fights with anyone and everyone related to the wedding, tears, emotions I can't understand or even articulate, guilt that I'm not enjoying the buildup to "happily ever after", and guilt that I'm enjoying everything a little too much.
I will probably wish it's over approximately 567 times, and wish that I could plan forever 894 times. I will probably drop the f-bomb like I'm a truck driver, and hug everyone I love SO tight.
Because in the end - anything can and will probably go wrong. The perfection of The Day will be not in the details, the color scheme, or in the perfect centerpiece. It will be in (trying!) to enjoy a whirlwind day of love, in the midst of all the people I love the most, and in marrying my #1 man.
Even at our worst, I would pick one horrible day together over hundreds of perfect days without him in my life.
That being said - let's just say I would prefer September 21st to be one of the best days.
Bring. it. on.
Set a Date
Book Reception Book Photographer
- Book Videographer - still struggling over this. My dad, head of the finances of this operation, says unequivocally no. Not sure if we can swing what I want otherwise, because of course the "random" expenses are piling up fast.
Book DJ for Reception Ask Bridesmaids Ask Groomsmen
- Create Wedding Website - it needs updated, BADLY.
Florist Wedding Dress
- Engagement Pictures - one week from today
Pick Bridesmaid Dresses
Have Bridesmaids Order Dresses- DONE. Select Groomsmen Attire
Have Groomsmen Order Tuxes
- Buy a Veil -ordered one on Etsy. Hurry up and SHIPPPPPP.
Decide on Cake Wedding Coordinator- not happening. Save-the-Dates Finalize Guest List- Cake Knife and Server- skip
- Cake Stand - WANT.
- Toasting Flutes - on the registry...
- Pre-Marital Counseling - waiting on a new priest to come to our church. This SUCKS.
Pre-Cana Class Natural Family Planning Class- doing the "home study" now. Trying not to poke my eyeballs in.
- Guest Book - I'm thinking I want something that we can frame and hang on the wall. Etsy?!
Book Hotel Rooms- hahahahahaha Figure Out Parents’ Wardrobes Wedding Shoes- dying in anticipation, they ship this week.
- Wedding Jewelry - Returned earrings, repurchased them (with more cash back thanks to ebates!). Waiting on that lace bolero to get here to make final decisions.
- Garter - I'm not sure we're doing a "garter toss" - do I still need one?
Book Hair for Bride
Book Hair for Bridesmaids
- Book Makeup Artist - Research
- Book a Tasting for Reception Venue - July 10th
Welcome Bags for Hotel Guests- skipping this. Trying to skip the guilty feeling, also.
- Hair Trial
- Makeup Trial
- First Dress Fitting
- Second Dress Fitting
- Start to Create Centerpieces
- Ceremony Programs
- Order Invitations - need to nail down times for the church and reception to get these ordered
- Mail Invitations
Book Rehearsal Dinner Venue
- Rehearsal Dinner Music/Activities - actually, a little trivia game would be fun.... and we could give out prizes?
- Buy Rehearsal Dinner Dress
- Bridesmaids Gifts - I'm thinking jewelry and their hair/maybe makeup? Jewelry, hair, robes.... I'm sure they're reading this.
Groomsmen Gifts- put that on Mr. RH's list
- Bachelorette Party - July 27-28
Bachelor Party- off my list, dude.
- Bridal Shower - August18th
Buy Wedding Bands- they're sitting on my dresser. Can I practice wearing it?
- Photo Wish-List for Photographer - I could spend the next 4 months on this.
- Get Marriage License
Wedding Favors- no way.
- Book Transportation from Wedding to Reception - why are there no nice rental places in this small town?!
- Figure out Getaway Transportation from Reception
- Honeymoon - probably not until 2014
- Gift for Groom - need ideas
Card for Groom on Day-Of-got it
- Rehearsal Dinner Invites - can't I just text them?
- Music List to DJ
Wedding Night Hotel Room–see also: hotel debacle, not happening.
- Order Thank-You Notes
- Say “I Do”
The countdown's on!