As I started to type out this post, I realized that, no, I didn't have FIVE months until the wedding. I used my calculator and realized that I have FOUR.
Pass the paper bag.
I'm thinking I need to post this checklist more often from here on out. Just when I was chillin' and feeling all accomplished... yeah, this list smacked that smile off my face. HARD-like.
Again, I stole this checklist from Tess, added things I could think of... and here we are. 122 days to go. Gulp.
Set a Date
Book Reception Book Photographer
- Book Videographer - The Budget and I are conflicting on this item.
Book DJ for Reception Ask Bridesmaids Ask Groomsmen
- Create Wedding Website - it needs updated, BADLY.
Florist Wedding Dress
- Engagement Pictures - June 20th.
Pick Bridesmaid Dresses
- Have Bridesmaids Order Dresses - just need to submit the order. THIS WEEK.
Select Groomsmen Attire
Have Groomsmen Order Tuxes
- Buy a Veil - waiting on the lace bolero I ordered to come in
Decide on Cake- had a "cake tasting" on Saturday.... was more like a design session. Less design, more cake!
- Wedding Coordinator - see budget. Also, lack of.
Save-the-Dates Finalize Guest List- and I think we even have all their addresses. WIN!
- Cake Knife and Server -I think I'm skipping those, but I now want a stand to put the cake on. Is that just asking for it to fall over?
- Toasting Flutes - we registered for some, on the fence if we should just order some plain ones or fancy ones or skip it completely.
- Pre-Marital Counseling - done. Except we just found out our priest is leaving our church for a new assignment on July 1st. So.... we have a question mark of a priest.
Schedule Pre-Cana Class-
- Schedule Natural Family Planning Class - doing the "home study" now. Okay then.
- Guest Book - I'm thinking I want something that we can frame and hang on the wall. Etsy?!
Book Hotel Rooms- hahahahahaha Figure Out Parents’ Wardrobes- dads are getting black tuxes we picked out.... I think Mr. RH's mom is on her wardrobe. Check?
- Wedding Shoes - in progress
- Wedding Jewelry - Returned earrings, repurchased them (with more cash back thanks to ebates!). Waiting on that lace bolero to get here to make final decisions.
- Garter - on the fence... I'm not sure we're doing a "garter toss" - do I still need one?
Book Hair for Bride
Book Hair for Bridesmaids
- Book Makeup Artist - I found a local store that does it... I wonder if they travel? Must research.
- Book a Tasting for Reception Venue
- Welcome Bags for Hotel Guests - my guests are scattered, this is going to be a PAIN.
- Bridal Portraits - is this something I should be planning on doing?
- Hair and Makeup Trials
- First Dress Fitting - going to make an appointment for June. As in next month. I guess I'm not having a rib removed before the wedding... :)
- Second Dress Fitting
- Ceremony Programs
- Order Invitations - ordered some samples this weekend
- Mail Invitations
Book Rehearsal Dinner Venue- delegated to Mr. RH. I love him.
- Rehearsal Dinner Music/Activities - actually, a little trivia game would be fun.... and we could give out prizes?
- Buy Rehearsal Dinner Dress
- Bridesmaids Gifts - I'm thinking jewelry and their hair/maybe makeup? Jewelry, hair, robes.... I'm sure they're reading this. SNEAKY.
- Groomsmen Gifts - I guess I should inform Mr. RH of this tradition.
- Bachelorette Party - July.... maybe. I really want my SIL's to come, but a mini-getaway is probably out of the question, right?
Bachelor Party- not my problem
- Bridal Shower - August 4th.
- Buy Wedding Bands - mine is ready and sized, Mr. RH's is hopefully in transit to the store.
- Photo Wish-List for Photographer - I could spend the next 4 months entirely on this.
- Get Marriage License
- Wedding Favors - do people really still do favors?
- Book Transportation from Wedding to Reception - why are there no nice rental places in this small town?!
- Figure out Getaway Transportation from Reception
- Honeymoon - probably not until 2014
- Gift for Groom - need ideas
- Card for Groom on Day-Of - picked out on Etsy.
- Rehearsal Dinner Invites - can't I just text them?
- Music List to DJ
Wedding Night Hotel Room–see also: hotel debacle, not happening.
- Order Thank-You Notes
- Say “I Do”
I'm just thinking a lot of the stuff coming up is QUITE labor-intensive.
Is it Wine Wednesday yet?