You remember the sketch on SNL - Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey? It featured little "gems" of hard-won wisdom... that were not the most deep thoughts in the world, if you catch my drift.
Like this one:
"If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."So, today, I have a few deep thoughts of my own. Except, less deep.
- Spray Tans. I've done my own in the past because I've never had an occasion that really warranted getting it done professionally.... but it's time. How far in advance do I get it done? I've heard conflicting reports on this one - some people say it needs a day to really settle in and go from a nice "tan mom" color to a regular, bronze color. If you had engagement photos on a Thursday - would you get it done Wednesday night or Tuesday?
- I'm having a garage sale on Friday. I have no idea what prompted this... except I have a bunch of old kitchen stuff from college (FOUR years ago) that needs to go find a home. Of course, Mr. RH and I have had no less than 2 meltdowns over stuff I want to get rid of that he thinks is important to keep. So, fun times.
- Bachelorette parties. Quite a few of my friends have had the wild, girls-about-town bar-party with optional party bus and general shenanigans. I know I'm not supposed to be involved in the planning of my own party, but of course I have Strong Feelings about how I want the party to go. And since I'm the one with the tightest schedule, I'm the one who's getting all worked up about it now. My dream party would be all of my friends and I, packed into a little lake house in Michigan, maybe a fancy night at dinner, and lots of pictures of best friends and wine. Lots of wine. Unfortunately, that seems quite unlikely at this point. Whomp whomp.
- I am waiting on my little "lace bolero" for my wedding dress that should keep my shoulders covered at the church on my wedding day. It's shipping from China, which means I could be waiting for a while. However, it's supposed to be here this week.
- Wedding earrings are going to be the death of me. Although I own very few pairs of "fancy" earrings, I am kind of an earring snob. And Macy's, inexplicably, took down a line of earrings a week ago.... I was planning on ordering a few pairs of the same brand and the whole brand was gone when I got home from work. Whaat?!
- The apartment that Mr. RH and I end up moving into pre/post wedding will have an extra bedroom (or two). I made the suggestion that we move an old twin bed that my dad has into the second bedroom. Mr. RH suggested we pile my boxes of crap from floor to ceiling first and then decide if we should put a bed in there. Smart man!
Happy SHORT Week!!