Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Loft 'Em and Love 'Em (Or Not)

So, I may have mentioned that I have been on a bit of an online shopping kick, yes?

You see, these damn Friends & Family sales (which they should really rename Friends & SUCKERS sale, cause duh) suck me in every damn time.  Actually, I was doing really good avoiding for a while - but not lately!

Oops.

As usual, my favorite, LOFT, had me from Hello.

Let's see what I ended up with, shall we?

And, for added humor, my feet are cut off in all these pictures.  As a Profeshunal Fashun Blogger, I make it my goal to take only the most lovely pictures and post them.  Hence all the head-cutting-off.  DUH.

First up, the Pretty Waves Tank Maxi Dress.  I really liked this dress.  The pattern, the colors... but something just didn't feel right.  Also it was not particularly arm-flattering.   Especially from the back.

I am especially obsessed with the grosgrain ribbon detail at the waist. 


Don't ask me why I'm not keeping it.  Cause my arms look bad in the pic on the right at the top?  Should I be reconsidering?

So, my favorite current pair of shades are from LOFT.  They're perfection.  However, they're starting to get loose on my head and I know it's only a matter of time before they don't stay on my head anymore.

Unfortunately, I don't think the Colorblocked Square Sunglasses (above) or Vented Round Sunglasses (below) really did me any favors.  Unlike my scary prison-mugshot face that is doing me all kinds of favors.  


Maybe the bottom pair.  I just think they're too big and sit too low on my face.

I really like this next dress, the Wave Print Cap-Sleeve Dress (sold out online, it seems like), but the oatmeal-y color near my face was way, way no-bueno. 

  

So sad, because I really liked the fit and everything else about this dress.  

I snapped up two belts that I believe will be snapped right back to the store.  I wanted to love them both but the striped one was just okay and the metallic braided one is too stiff for my liking. 

Apparently the standards I have for belts are too too high.

And last but not least, I was ordering some ties for Mr. RH from Express and I needed just one more thing to get free shipping.  So of course I found the most expensive item and wasn't going to keep it and now I'm deep in love.



The only thing that makes me a bit hesitant is that it seems a tiny bit snug in the arms.  And the bust, too, if you're looking at the pic on the left. 

Might have to run in and see of they have a size 6 at the store.... with my luck, it will probably be too big.

Anybody else have any major fashion finds lately?  I'm still searching for the perfect outfit for engagement photos.

Yes, I realize having engagement photos only a couple months before the wedding is slightly pointless, but damn if our schedules aren't crazy-full.

Also, LOFT added some new dresses to their website this morning and they're still running 40% off.  Gotta go!

7 Classy Comments:

Samantha said...

I always get into trouble with the Loft around this time of year. Never realized I was a sucker until now!

All Things Cherish said...

I fell victim too, luckily for my wallet a lot of what I ordered I didn't like or didn't fit well when I tried it on so it's going back. Thank God for Ebates.

Meg @ write meg! said...

My sis and her fiance are getting their engagement photos taken in a few weeks, just a few months before their September wedding... so it's never too late :) I totally love the bright blazer and don't think it looks snug at all!

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

Oh the blazer is too cute!

Laura C said...

So I tried that maxi dress w. the ribbon at the waist on at Loft and it looked absolutely horrible on me. I think it looks great on you!

tara said...

um i love the maxi dress on you!

Deals, Steals and Heels said...

i adore that wavy pattern on the dresses...so so cute!!

i'm halfway through a few returns of my own, so i totally feel your pain!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity