As of yesterday, there are officially 7 months until The Big Day.
As I began to think of all the things on my to-do list yesterday, I would say I started to flip the eff out.
There are so many details to be taken care of - big and small.
And while I feel like I keep chipping away at the list, I'm realizing that, with my growing family, I've got a growing list of friends and family members that I'd like to keep in touch with - and my days off are starting to reflect that.
As much as I'd like to have an intensive wedding-planning cross-it-off-the-list day, I'm realizing that unless I take an unplanned vacation day to do just that.... it's probably not going to happen.
So, I stole this checklist from Tess, added things I could think of... and now I think I have a nice, rough checklist of things that need to get done, some sooner than others.
Set a Date
Book Reception Book Photographer
- Book Videographer - there's an email in my inbox I've been ignoring. SOON!
Book DJ for Reception Ask Bridesmaids Ask Groomsmen
- Create Wedding Website - it's started.... it just needs finished.
- Engagement Pictures
- Pick Bridesmaid Dresses - dear God I need to just pick
- Have Bridesmaids Order Dresses - see above
Select Groomsmen Attire
- Have Groomsmen Order Tuxes - in progress
- Buy a Veil - in Etsy cart, having a hard time pulling the trigger
- Take Engagement Photos
- Decide on Cake
- Wedding Coordinator
- Save-the-Dates - ordered
Finalize Guest List- and I think we even have all their addresses. WIN!
- Cake Knife and Server - um, what?
- Toasting Flutes - we registered for some... should I just buy them?
- Pre-Marital Counseling - had our first meeting with the Priest. OY.
Schedule Pre-Cana Class- April
- Schedule Natural Family Planning Class - gosh, but I'd rather have a root canal
- Guest Book - I'm thinking I want something that we can frame and hang on the wall. Etsy?!
Book Hotel Rooms- hahahahahaha Figure Out Parents’ Wardrobes- dads are getting black tuxes we picked out.... I think Mr. RH's mom is on her wardrobe. Check?
- Wedding Shoes - I still need to order them
- Wedding Jewelry - I have 2 sets of earrings picked.... just need to try on with dress
Book Hair for Bride
- Book Hair for Bridesmaids
- Book Makeup Artist - this is HARD.
- Book a Tasting for Reception Venue
- Welcome Bags for Hotel Guests - my guests are scattered, this is going to be a PAIN.
- Bridal Portraits - is this something I should be planning on doing?
- Hair and Makeup Trials
- First Dress Fitting - I need to figure out when this needs to happen. But I need shoes first.
- Second Dress Fitting
- Ceremony Programs
- Order Invitations
- Mail Invitations
Book Rehearsal Dinner Venue- delegated to Mr. RH. I love him.
- Rehearsal Dinner Music/Activities - um, crap. We're supposed to have entertainment?
- Buy Rehearsal Dinner Dress
Transportation for Rehearsal Dinner- I'm thinking our own cars. Not fancy!
- Bridesmaids Gifts - I'm thinking jewelry and their hair/maybe makeup? Is that not enough?
- Groomsmen Gifts
- Bachelorette Party
Bachelor Party- not my problem
- Bridal Shower - I miss my mom.
- Buy Wedding Bands
- Photo Wish-List for Photographer - see pinterest, etc.
- Get Marriage License
- Wedding Favors
- Book Transportation from Wedding to Reception - why are there no nice rental places in this small town?!
- Figure out Transportation from Reception to… not hotel! - UGH.
- Honeymoon - probably not until 2014
- Gift for Groom - need ideas
- Card for Groom on Day-Of - picked out on Etsy.
- Rehearsal Dinner Invites - can't I just text them?
- Music List to DJ
Wedding Night Hotel Room–see also: hotel debacle, not happening.
- Order Thank-You Notes
- Say “I Do”