Tuesday, November 27, 2012

My Christmas List

Sooo, I swear I didn't intend to let this place grow crickets.  I feel like I've missed so many fun little occasions in my life!

I had a nice Thanksgiving - I actually spent time with Mr. RH's family at home.  It was low-key and fun and I got in plenty of quality niece snuggles.

And then there was Black Friday - the weirdest Black Friday I can ever remember having.  The store opened at midnight and was madness for about 2 hours.  Then completely dead until afternoon.  It was a weird-weird day.  To top it all off, it got so busy in the evening that I felt like I couldn't leave. 

The rest of the weekend I did a bunch of online shopping and many more hours at work.

So here's the dilemma, friends.

I have no idea what I want for Christmas. 

I spent three hours last night brainstorming ideas.  Three hours!  And the list is kinda lame.

First up, a cheap rose gold watch.  I bang up all my jewelry at work, so anything too nice will get ruined and therefore I won't wear it.  So how about this cheap and sassy little number?


And while we're at Target, I need another pair of moccasins because I'm typically too lazy to put shoes on unless I'm leaving the house.   I have a pair from Lands End that were around $50 and I don't think they're any more special than the $20 Target ones.

I'm not sure if it's because I'm engaged or what... but I feel like I need ALL THE HOUSEWARES this year.  Is it awkward to ask for housewares for Christmas before I even do a wedding registry?  I feel like it is but I don't even care.

I want a 12" cast iron skillet.  I know that the enameled Le Creuset cast iron is all the rage.... but it's SO expensive and eventually chips.  So plain cast iron wishlist it is.

Mr. RH's family has been bugging for a list, so maybe I'll put that on their?  I think I'll have to ask my dad
 for the dutch oven cause it's more expensive.

I put a large glass measuring cup on my wishlist because I need one for Mr. RH's apartment.  I can't live without a giant measuring cup, for real. 

I put a couple books on my list too - Thumped by Megan McCafferty and The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.

So, friends.  I know you love your stuff as much as I do... and I'm as shallow as it comes.  Surely I need something else on my wish list, right?

Maybe I should add a fancy high-thread-count set of sheets to my list?

Help me kids, I'm boring myself.

What's on YOUR wish list this Christmas?

5 Classy Comments:

Sweet Simplicity said...

My list is about as exciting as yours. Ugg slippers, a trifle dish, pajamas. I keep waiting for someone to write about an amazing item that I will just have to have.

RachaelA said...

I am really struggling this year too... so far i've asked pops for a new coat and one sister for a pair of silver hoop earrings and the other for a cook book. Hardly setting the world on fire is it?!!

Deals, Steals and Heels said...

i'm having such a hard time with my list too!!

Rachel Emmilee said...

my christmas wishlist consists of family time, and from my husband i asked that he write me a special love letter. although i know he'll surprise me with something, i don't ask for things. i don't need things. i enjoy buying for my family, and to treat myself ill develop some of our wedding photos to display around the house and splurge on some nice frames... other than that, being together, being healthy, happy and enjoying good food, wine and laughter... that's all i want.

Andie said...

as a lady who is very "seasoned" in the kitchen... can I really suggest the Le Creuset over the plain cast iron for a dutch oven. Let me explain why:

regular cast iron can't be put in the dishwasher, can't be stored in the fridge, etc. and it has to be "seasoned" regularly for food to not stick to it.

A Le Creuset will last FOR.EV.ER. I've had the same one for over 10 years and it has yet to get a chip in it. They carry a lifetime guarantee. There is a reason why. they are high quality. Knockoff versions of Le Creusets chip, but the real deal does not. A Le Creuset dutch oven is oven safe (up to 45o-500 degrees) dishwasher safe, and you can put it in the refrigerator too. It is super easy to clean and heat distributes evenly.

I had a plain cast iron one and it's hard to keep from rusting and you have to "season" it with oil regularly to keep stuff from sticking to it. The Le Creuset is so much better! Trust me!

and like we chatted on Twitter- I want yoga pants, slippers, etc. and then really expensive stuff. LOL so I'm not much help!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity