Friday, May 18, 2012

Friday=No Fun Day

May I just say, for the record, that Fridays are among my least favorite days of the week.  Because I work retail, Fridays are often (A) one of the first days of my work week, (B) one of the hardest days of the week because teenagers are set loose on my mall en masse and are idiots and (C) because everyone else gets to cut loose and hang out and I don't.

I know, I get days off when everyone else is busy working... but still, there's something about hanging out with your friends on their days off that is really irreplaceable, no matter how many Tuesdays and Wednesdays you don't have to work.

Alas, I actually didn't open up this blog post to complain.  I get to work with one of my favorite girls tonight AND there's an, um, carnival set up in the parking lot of my mall which means I am going to have an excellent time people-watching this weekend for carnies and freaks.

And also.... the change for a surprise funnel cake is just too much to bear.  Ohh, want so much.

  • I finally got plants in the ground.... including for my revamped planters.  Now, if the plants would just grow!

  • I finally wore my new maxi skirt... and didn't take a picture.  But imagine I looked like this:
 Mr. RH was into it.  Even after my dad accused me of wearing a muumuu and Mr. RH had to google what a muumuu was.

Then, I got another maxi skirt at Target in my favorite color - cobalt blue. 

I wore both of them recently... and after deciding I looked hot in the blue one.... Mr. RH told me that the chevron one is much, much better.

Apparently, I can no longer dress myself best.

I think that's enough for today, right?  I agree.

Happy Friday!!  Hope everyone has a relaxing weekend!

3 Classy Comments:

Anonymous said...

Your planters and plants look great! I really need to get something planted in the near future.
I LOVE the chevron skirt. A girl I worked with had that and it looked great on her. I do love the blue one though. I'm a sucker for anything blue.
Have a great weekend!

BriBrooke said...

I've def jumped on the chevron band wagon, but I've got to say the blue skirt is where it's at!

Cheerful Homemaker said...

I planted some flowers last weekend. Miracle-Gro is great stuff.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity