Friday, December 16, 2011

Nix the Gloom & Doom

Sooo... that was a debbie downer of a post yesterday.  What the heck is wrong with me?  I think I just let the anxiety get the best of me... and it actually got worse after I wrote that post.

I tried to get a bunch of stuff done before work at noon yesterday... ran across town 3 different times (like a chicken with my head cut off!) and just as I was settling in to get to work - I ran my car into a curb in my neighborhood.  HARD.

I jacked up the 3rd wheel on my car (yes, I've done this 3 times before but the past 2 were on hard snowbanks instead of curbs) and this time I believe I may have thrown my car out of alignment, since it won't run straight anymore.  And now 3 of my wheels are sporting these hideous plastic wheel-cover things (that you can take off but then your car looks like a jalopy) that are cracked and smashed. 

(I looked into having them replaced a year or two ago but they were $75 each.  And now online they are $25 each.  I'll think about it, wouldn't I rather spend $75 on makeup?)

After that little incident, I was hysterical.  Just a hot mess.  Could ONE. MORE. THING. go wrong?  Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Let's just say work was an exercise in NOT banging my head against a wall.  Repeatedly.  Until I passed out.

I got off work, ran to quickly say goodnight to Mr. RH, and on the way home, on a road I take daily - I was a hair away from running a red light.  Right into a huge black truck that was most definitely speeding.  Slammed on the brakes, backed up my car, and hyperventilated the whole way home.

Got home, 9 pm, ate 4 bites of my now-cold dinner (Chipoltle, not my favorite but then again I have no fridge at work so I'm stuck eating fast food or something non-perishable.  Blech.)  Was in bed by 10 pm tweeting all "woe-is-me" style. 

Slept for 4 hours and then was wide awake, worrying about work and Mr. RH.  Just because I can.

Took 2 sleeping pills at 3 am which gave me approximately 2 more hours of sleep, after 2 hours of tweeting and ceiling-staring.

Deep breaths, lovlies.  It's a new day.  Despite the fact that I got a pile of crap handed to me at work (nobody's fault, just normal retail-at-Christmas-type stuff), today is a new day.  Most of the rest of my Christmas gifts will arrive today.  I will bake.  I will go into work after I finish this post and get caught up on paperwork... then come home and relax until my 4p-midnight shift.

(Ok, can I complain about that shift a little bit?  Anytime I have to work past my preferred bedtime of 10:30 pm, it's not gonna be a good night.  Whatever.)

Deep, festive breaths.  I got this.

Eight days till Christmas!

3 Classy Comments:

the girl in the red shoes said...

I'm so sorry you had such a rough day/night my friend! I'm sending a big fat hug your way today!

Meg said...

Hang in there -- retail at Christmas can absolutely test the boundaries of your patience and sanity! I survived six seasons and actually think of it all fondly now (crazy, right?). You absolutely have this!

etta said...

Sorry you're feeling so overwhelmed right now. Whenever I'm feeling that, I always remind myself to take things one day at a time. Or even an hour at a time.

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity