Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Earth Shatteringly Important

Ladies,
It's not very often that I reach out when I need help... because I'm one of those people who always says "No, I'm fine, I've got it under control" but I'm really lying.

Today, I need you.

Mr. RH has repeatedly asked me for a Christmas list.  I nonchalantly replied that a diamond would suffice but he got all grumpy and said that wasn't a Christmas present but, honestly, who doesn't think that diamonds make appropriate Christmas gifts?  Men, humph.

So then I got an awesome Christmas-y email.  From TOMS.  Yes, the ugly shoe people.  You all know that I've had a mostly hate-hate relationship with TOMS (in fact I put them right on par with the ugliness of Uggs) but... then the came out with the wedge.  And I wore it on one of my first few dates with Mr. RH and he thought I was smoking hot and GAME OVER.

So.  Christmas email.  New Holiday Styles.  Color me overexcited.

But then.. the dilemma. 

There are 4 contenders:


Houndstooth Wedge, $69
Snow Leopard Wedge, $69
Pewter Sequin Wedge, $89
Black Sequin Wedge, $89

Mr. RH loves snow leopard so those got his vote.  I love houndstooth so I was drawn to those first... but then, SPARKLES!!  The silver turn me on but I have the gray canvas wedges and wish I had the black... so black sparkles take the lead.

But do I need to pay an extra $20 for an extra-extra pair of TOMS sparkle wedges that I don't need to begin with?  That is the question.

 Actually, I have a couple of questions for TOMS while we're at it.

  1. Why are your holiday wedges open-toed?  We aren't all in sunny California and I reeeeally hate stressing about whether it's fashionably acceptable to wear tights with open-toed wedges.  It's just so unnecessary.
  2. Why did you not make this hot red Houndstooth in a wedge?  It's like you hate me.  We both know that women with size 8 feet should never wear the flat TOMS because I will look ugly and die. 
  3.  Red Sequin Wedges.  Just think about it.  (Like Dorothy in Wizard of Oz but hotter!)

Soo... I need your help.  Pick my wedges please or sentence me to a season of ugly, seasonally-inappropriate shoes. 

Please.  Help a sad sister out.

27 Classy Comments:

Tricia Loves Makeup said...

I LOVE the black sequin wedge! It'll dress anything up, even if worn with a pair of shorts.

EC said...

Gotta go with the houndstooth. These are so cute! I hate the way the regular Toms look. I look like I'm wearing houseshoes. Can't get past that. I'm hoping their flats that are coming out next Spring are cute/comfortable. I may have to check out these wedges!

mrs.mfc said...

Definitely the houndstooth or leopard!! Those are my picks before I even realized the others cost more. I don't get why the sequins cost more because honestly I think those look cheap? Odd. But I LOVE love love the houndstooth and leopard.

the girl in the red shoes said...

I'm with Mr. RH and love the snow leopard! But I think the black sequins are my second choice!

Becky said...

Snow leopard! I don't care for the sequin ones. The snow leopard ones would add a fun splash to pretty much everything! And now I want them, too. :)

Allison said...

I like the houndstooth ones! I'm not a huge fan of the sequined toms. I really hope they're flats are cute when they come out!

Daisy said...

I have size 8 feet and I have a pair of the flat gold herringbone TOMS and I get compliments on them ALL THE TIME. So much so that I want a pair of the silver houndstooth...so obviously I'm voting for the houndstooth. :-)

Ana11_19 said...

Leopard or black sequin :)

Michelle said...

Hmm I love them all! Maybe #4?

Meg @ write meg! said...

I'm all about the houndstooth, so you know those get my vote! I should also add that the red houndstooth flats are adorable, and my feet are size 8.5... I rock flats all the time. Cute and comfortable!

PinkSass said...

Black sparkly. No brainer!

Anonymous said...

Love the houndstooth.

I also love that we both don't care for toms or uggs and I too am considering a pair of toms. Awesome.

Cheerful Homemaker said...

I vote the black wedges!

jen said...

houndstooth! classic trend & sophisticated at the same time!

Iram said...

i think you should choose the black sequinned ones or the leopard ones :)

xo

Kelly said...

I like the leopard or the black sequins.

Have you seen the Toms flats that are coming out next year?

Oh I'm in love.

erica said...

Oh my gosh I had no idea Tom's made wedges. I definitely need to get a pair! xo

Impulsive Addict said...

You've gotta go with the black sequin wedges!!

Beth said...

I'm surprisingly loving the leopard...I hadn't jumped on the 'Toms bandwagon' either...my husband came home one day this summer and said 'why is everyone wearing karate shoes?!!'
but I'm with you, a peep toe in the middle of winter?? Could spell disaster if worn with slush and snow on the ground.

C. said...

I think it's perfectly acceptable to wear tights with open toes! And I vote for houndstooth - adorable.

Unknown said...

Seriously. So what is with the damn open toe in winter?! Love the houndstooth, the leopard print, and the sparkles, but Tom left me with the peeptoe. No help, but initial answer is leopard.

Beach Bum & Baby said...

You know how I feel about the leopard. I think the houndstooth or the sequin are the way to go!!! :)

p.s. I have heard of issues where the sequins come off :( I know, I know sadz.

Andie said...

snow leopard. they can be worn in the spring/summer as well as the fall/winter.

although, like you, I'm wondering why the wedges are open toed. that's messed up!

Amanda said...

I vote sparkles! Probably black would be best :)

Jessie Jones said...

Love the grey sparkles. I am personally swooning over the grey and black houndstooth flats.

Sierra said...

I love this post - your fun personality totally shines through! I like the sequins the best. They are so fancy and I love them! Toms did a good job turning the casual into something fashionable!

I'm having a business card giveaway if you want to participate love: http://www.oceandreams4sierra.com/2011/11/uprintingcom-business-cards-giveaway.html

allison said...

My first instinct was the houndstooth as well!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity