Monday, July 18, 2011

Harry Potter at Midnight...

Last Thursday, Mr. RH and I dragged ourselves off the couch (where I would have happily fallen asleep for the night) and into the night to the midnight premiere of Harry Potter.

Though I am probably the last person on the planet to jump on the Harry Potter bandwagon (I only read the series last summer), I loved the books and watched the first half of Deathly Hollows in anticipation.

And honestly?

I think I was too sleepy to really absorb the movie.

I spent much of the movie with my eyes "lightly closed" so I could see... but barely.

I had my eyes closed for The Kiss... and only popped them open when everyone started cheering.

Listen, the story was great and I especially adored the last half-hour of the movie... but to me it seemed like a lot of the stuff leading up to The End... was just filler.

At 3 am when I finally deposited myself into bed, I realized one final thing:

I am too old for midnight movies.

The End.

6 Classy Comments:

Elizabeth said...

A bunch of my friends went to the midnight showing and I thought they were nuts! Haha! I was like, I already wake up at 5:30 am! I can't be out that late on a work night!

ashleyTIA said...

I went back last night at a more reasonable hour and enjoyed it a lot more. 9:30pm bed times FTW ;)

MojoMissy said...

I couldn't do a late night like that. But I felt as if the last movie was filler, preparing for this one. Maybe I should just find the last scene on YT and call it a day ;)

Melissa said...

I can't do midnight movies either!

Cheerful Homemaker said...

I'm too old for midnight showings. Gone are the days of midnight showings followed by 8am classes. I need my beauty sleep.

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

If I was going to do the midnight movie, I would have to take a nap beforehand.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity