Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wine Wednesday

This week's Wine Wednesday is pretty interesting. I must have been verry confused in the grocery store, because I bought red wine.

Which would be fine, except I don't really like red wine.

No worries, I am a champ and I soldiered on through.

I realize that this particular red wine is supposed to be served pretty warm, like 65 degrees warm, but I could only power through it with some crushed ice in my glass.

And maybe a splash (or 5) of simple syrup.

Judge away, but read wine is not for sissies. And I am most definitely a sissy.

And as I type this post on Tuesday night... it is giving my head a mighty pounding and I didn't even finish a whole large glass.

On the upside, I do give this Wine Wednesday photo an A+. Might be one of my favorites to date.

What are YOU drinking tonight?

16 Classy Comments:

Eternal Lizdom said...

I'm totally a red wine drinker but I typically drink red in the fall/winter.

My fave sumemrtime wines are Chateau Thomas wines- muscat cannelli and fleur de peche are great white, lightly sweet, lightly sparkly wines!

Mrs. Monologue said...

I love red and white wine. Red was a little bit harder for me to get into. I love Cabernet (francis coppola makes an amazing cab) and then No.8 Cab is awesome too.

Don't give up, they get better. Try a cabernet, they are sweeter.

Brittany said...

I like red wine but I wouldn't like Barefoot Shiraz either! A nice light red is Grenache or Cab from 2008 that's younger. The more you drink the better it tastes!

Little Miss Can't Be Wrong said...

i love red wine - like eternal lizdom, i'm a winter red wine-er.... or a late night red-wine-er.

i really love coppola merlot, rabbit ridge merleot, and menage trois blend. yum!

Sarah said...

Another red wine lover here! But in the summer i LOVE LOVE LOVE moscato. That's on tap for tonight!

I'm not too adventurous when it comes to wine though...Yellow Tail Pinot Noir is what I usually pick up!

etta said...

Water :0)

Kristin said...

I loved red wine...but when it's in sangria in the summer! Mmmmmm!

The Waspy Redhead said...

I love red wine - but I think your prob was the barefoot shiraz... not the best.

Try a merlot, a cab or zin. I agree with the other commentors who like Coppola - it's a solid choice. I also like Hess Select & Concannon.

R said...

I love red wine but omg I can not drink barefoot. That makes me I'll every time try!

PinkSass said...

I love wine wednesday.

Please keep drinking red wine you will like it more and more.

Cabs are some of my fav and so is malbec.

bottoms up!

katie@tulsadetails said...

I am so with you on the red wine. I always feel like it needs an ice cube!

Legallyblondemel said...

I used to be a white wine only drinker like you, but I've accidentally become more of a red girl. Give merlot a go (Coppola, mentioned elsewhere in the comments) makes a tasty, inexpensive one, and then maybe try a pinot noir.

FWIW, I'd recommend hold off on cabs until later; at first, they seemed too bitter too me, but I love a smooth one now.

*steps off wine soapbox (wine fridge?)*

Meg said...

I'm not much of a red wine drinker, either, but I do enjoy sangria with a healthy splash of that -- and fruit! It needs to be sweet. I'm totally a sissy, too.

Olivia said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Krystal said...

I always put ice cubes in my red wine. I'm classy like that! :)

Fash Boulevard said...

thrilled I stumbled upon your blog. I'm following, I hope you will as well. I started my blog a little over 3 months ago after graduating from college in the south and moving across the country to LA. The site's all about celebrity fashion from the point of view of an LA stylist. I'd love if if you'd stop by to see multiple post a day on all the latest celebrity fashion news. Any support would be awesome. Thanks love. xoxo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity