Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Secrets of Susie Homemaker

As you all know, I have been on a domestic spree lately. Cooking and cleaning and organizing, oh my.

But yesterday, I got a little crazy. I reorganized the furniture in my bedroom and am in the process of cleaning out my closet. That usually only takes me a month or so before I give up.

In the mean time, my dirty flip-flops were driving me crazy.

So I have a dirty little cleaning secret.

I washed my flip flops in the dishwasher. They are clean and shiny like brand new.

Does that totally gross you out? Cause I'm telling you, the dishwasher is the best cleaning tool in the house.

Now if only I could fit "cleaning out my closet" into the dishwasher... then I'd be all set.

Do you have any favorite cleaning shortcuts?

20 Classy Comments:

KatiePerk said...

I do that too! I also have been known to stick a baseball cap in there too!

Rachel said...

I wash the dogs' collars in there!!

Unknown said...

I didn't know you could put them in the dishwasher!? That is a fantastic idea!

I put toothbrushes in the dishwasher. Keeps them super sanitary.

PinkSass said...

Preston washes his hats in the dishwasher. No big deal..all though flip flops totally gross me out. So dirty!

the workaholic momma said...

AH! What a great idea - dirty flip flops in the dishwasher - I'm totally going to try that. Thanks for the tip and good luck with the closet clean-out:)

THE Stephanie said...

Nice! I would have never thought of that!!

Anonymous said...

genius! Although my favorite pair ever are so worn out I'm afraid they would fall apart :(

Perpetual Blind Date said...

This is brilliant! I am getting ready to move, and discovered just how gross my flip flops were the other day too! I'm definitely going to do this this weekend! - Alyssa

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

I never would have thought of this but it makes sense. I just don't know if my old flip flops would hold up to the hot water.

Akirah said...

Who knew?! Thanks for the tip!

Meg @ write meg! said...

I... wow. I can't say I've ever thought about putting flip-flops in the dishwasher, but it makes sense! Grosses me out a little, sure, but I'm easily queasy. And I just won't think about it. Clean shoes are worth it. :)

Cheerful Homemaker said...

That's a lot of water to clean your shoes! At work we have a tendency to stick everything in the shower stalls to wash them -- including the huge fake ficus tree.

Annabel Manners said...

I think that's brilliant!

Melanee said...

that is a fantastic idea!

allison said...

That's a totally good idea. I don't have that many flip flops, but I'd definitely do that.

ashleyTIA said...

HAHAH! If I didn't love you before this has sealed the deal. What an awesome idea!

Kristen said...

ahh, you are genius! love.this.idea!

Sarah said...

I CANNOT believe I haven't thought of this! I wash all kinds of not-kitchenware items in the dishwasher, but hadn't thought about my flipflops! Woohoo! I am totally going to do this right now, lol..

Sarahviz said...

I kinda love you right now for this fab idea - I'm totally trying it!

Emily Kathleen said...

Oh my goodness...why have I never thought of this?! Genius! I'm totally going to do this soon!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity