Saturday, October 30, 2010

BOO! Happy Halloween!!

Halloween, I love you so much. Love your creativity, love your sassy-ness, and hate the scary-ness.

For real... I don't get people who want to be scared. I do not want to be scared.

Growing up, my mom made each of my costumes because she was awesome. And because a sturdy hand-made costume is going to last way longer than a cheap Target costume.

And because I liked to wear my costumes for several weeks pre and post Halloween. True story.

I'm reposting these pictures from last year cause let's be real.... I'm lazy and it's been a long week.


This is when I was 2 - no costume, just an awesome face. Apparently I wasn't cool enough for a costume until my brother was old enough to trick-or-treat. Geesh, my parents loved me!

This was my first Halloween dressing up. I'm not even sure we Trick-or-Treated. I was a princess, obviously. My brother was almost 1 and a skeleton.


The next year has to be one of our legendary Halloweens. The pumpkins are Bert and Ernie from Sesame Street - awesome, right? My brother and I are Raggedy Ann and Raggedy Andy. A-dorable. We wore these costumes for 2 years because... hello, awesome.

This year we were clowns. My mom made these costumes and we won "Most Colorful Costume" awards at some party. Mickey the pumpkin won too.
This year we were with my cousin, Minnie Mouse. I was a princess (again) and my brother was a cowboy. This costume also got a repeat the next year because what girl doesn't want to be a princess again?

Next year - Pocahontas (the blonde version) and a Pirate. Awesome.


This year I was 9 - and I got my first store bought costume. Cheerleader - how original, I know. And also, this was the year my brother and I stopped posing together for pictures.
By the time I was 10, I was apparently too cool for Halloween. I was a hippie, and I'm pretty sure this was the last time I trick-or-treated.


Did you have awesome costumes as a kid??

9 Classy Comments:

BelleinBows said...

I am dying over the pumpkins! Too cute! My fav costume as a child is the year my little brother and I went as M&Ms.

Tiff said...

I love those pumpkins! Thanks for sharing your pictures, the costumes are way too cute!

melissa said...

Great pictures! Your Bert & Ernie pumpkins were awesome!

My mom used to make our costumes too and it was so fun. My sister and I both went as Minnie Mouse one year, which we loved. We were a mermaid and a space girl one year. I can't remember too many others but I bet my parents have pictures somewhere.

Lauren said...

So cute!!!!!!!! :)

Sweet Simplicity said...

I don't remember these pictures from last year. They are ADORABLE! You and your brother were so cute. Those pumpkins and your costumes were the real deal.

Diving Into Love said...

I LOVE LOVE the old school pictures! So sweet!

Unknown said...

What a fun post! And those bert & ernie pumpkins are AMAZING.

Cheerful Homemaker said...

I dressed up until I was in the 6th grade. That was the last time I went T-o-T-ing.

C said...

My sister and I won the contest at the Children's Museum one year when we were a box of Clorox and Tide. Homemade costumes are where it's at! Long time lurker, but I'm finally back to blogging - the IN memories here make me feel at home :)

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity