Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I Disappeared Again...

But I had a good excuse this time!

I took off on Friday for a mini family reunion with my family.

In the great state of... you'll never guess it....

Wisconsin

(Not bad for a photo taken from a moving vehicle!)

So yeah, Wisconsin sounds really boring and generic and cheesy - unless you've been to a little place called Lake Geneva.

Otherwise known as a beautiful little slice of heaven.

Otherwise known as Mosquito Central.

I laughed, I cried... but mostly I just laughed.

Family's funny that way.

And, unfortunately my fancy camera was in my hands all weekend so there are about zero fun pics of myself to share.

And the only thing more boring than looking at fun pictures of me would be looking at fun pictures of my family, am I right?

So... here's to being back bigger and better tomorrow.

Happy Wednesday!

12 Classy Comments:

PinkSass said...

Missed ya!

Jennifer said...

I have been to Lake Geneva a few times...it is lovely. We have been on the boat tour of the mansions and swam by the little beach! Such fond memories!
Hope you had great time...I love seeing pics of the fam! My daughter used to live in Kenosha!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had fun, despite the mosquitoes!!

Jamie said...

I LOVE Lake Geneva! Family lives there. So sad I haven't been able to go back the last few summers :-( Hope you enjoyed it!

beckylbranch said...

Yeah! I was wondering where you were...can't wait for your recap!

DSS said...

I've never been to Wisconsin. Don't know a thing about it. Well, cheese. I know about cheese. But that's it.

Glad you had a lovely visit with the fam!

Sherrie said...

Bite your tongue little lady. Calling WI cheesy! ;)

In This Wonderful Life said...

you are a traveling gal!! love it. can't remember if I commented or not but I loved that picture of you in chi town in front of the building. your so darn cute!

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back! Can't wait to hear the stories :)

preppy little dress AKA "PLD" said...

This comment has been removed by the author.
preppy little dress AKA "PLD" said...

The misquitos have been so bad lately..YUCK! We've spent a number of weekends up in Lake Geneva this Summer and will be going back up in 2 weeks -- can't wait! It's Venetian Fest next weekend up in LG!

Erin said...

I live in Wisconsin so I think it's funny that you called it boring and generic and cheesy. The cheesy part is definitely right. Usually people from Wisconsin call Indiana boring...especially if we have to drive through it!

I used to work with people from Indianapolis and some of them had a southern accent but some didn't. So I'm curious if you have a southern accent or not!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity