Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Underwater

You can hear the people splashing near the edge of the water. Hear the boys double-dog-daring each other to do the biggest cannonball or jack-knife or some other cool dive you've never heard of.

All your friends are around you, but they feel strangely out of reach.

You can hear the people around you - asking if you're ok.

"I"m fine!" you want to scream... but nothing seems to come out.

"What if...." you think, just for a minute. What if I just rest for a minute? Stop fighting so hard. Just... relax.

But then you think of your friends and your family. Work. All these people who are counting on you.

The pressure builds in your chest and you can't be here any longer.

You break through the surface of the water, gasping in the much-needed air.

But the question still remains - were you drowning or just underwater?

8 Classy Comments:

Alyssa said...

Hang in there! If you want to talk you have my email!

Lauren said...

I think we all have moments like this... I have had my fair share, especially in the past 5 months. It'll be ok. Just remember that while today may suck, there is a brand new day ahead of you tomorrow.

beckylbranch said...

I can't answer this question for realz! This really makes me think...oh so many times I feel like this!

Law School Wife said...

Serious stuff, lady!

I think about every six months or so I feel rather...restless. Just remember, it's a phase. Seek out the positive.

It will get better.

Unknown said...

It's a combo of both...been there, done that. If you need to vent, please email me or DM me on Twitter.

xoxo

ashleyTIA said...

Definitely have had those feelings. Don't have any answers. Surround yourself with people and things (cupcakes are always nice) you love until the feelings pass. xo

Cheerful Homemaker said...

I felt like this tonight at work.

chelsea said...

Hope you're alright girl! Things get so tough sometimes and I totally know what you mean. I'll be thinking about you!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity