Monday, October 19, 2009

I've Got Answers!

No, I haven't found the solution to world peace yet... but I do have some answers to the questions you guys asked on Thursday.

And here we go...


Whitney asked...

  • Do you miss The Boy? Do you have hopes of ever getting back together?
  • How is your dad doing? Has he been on a date since your mother passed? Is he the same person or is he changed?

Ok, first question.
Yes, I still miss The Boy. For 6 years, he was my one and only confidant. He was "my person" (shout out to all the Grey's fans out there!). He had the all-access pass to my hopes, my dreams, and my disappointments. Since we broke up, I have mourned the loss of that confidant.

It's definitely getting easier - there are days that I don't think about him more than once. But then again, there are still days where I obsess over the fact that we haven't spoken since July and it really upsets me.

For me, it's going to be a long process of trying to get over him. I'm sure I'll write more in depth about it soon.

As for getting back together... in some ways, my heart would jump at the chance. In my head, though, I know that it's best to wait for the guy who wants me. So we shall see...

As for my dad - he is different now. In the past, my mom took care of so many aspects of our lives, we didn't even have a concept of how helpful she was. He is still working to come into his own as the sole parent. He hasn't gone on any dates that I know of. He's a very introverted person and not social at all, so it does worry me a little bit. He's very healthy and active so I know he has a very long life ahead of him... so I suppose it will happen eventually. It has been very strange to go from a family of 4 to a family of 3, let's just say that.

Michelle asked...

  • If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you go and why?
This is a great question!! I have to be super honest here: I've never really been anywhere! In fact, I didn't have a passport until the spring of this year. (Ironically, I bought it because I wanted to be all prepared for a fabulous trip with The Boy - either an engagement trip or a honeymoon. Ohh how times have changed!)

If I could go anywhere... I'd probably pick to be anywhere in the world where I could get all of my college friends together. Knowing that the Wonderful Wedding Weekend was the last get-together we had planned.. I'm sad cause I know I won't see them all together anytime soon.

But if I could go anywhere fun? I'd pick the Greece - specifically the coast, or the Islands. I just want to see the little whitewashed houses with blue roofs. (Roofs? That sounds so strange.) And obviously I want to see the beautiful Greek Ocean.

Natalie asked.... (Natalie's new around here - HI NATALIE!)

  • I was just wondering what short term goals you have and where you see yourself in a year?

Natalie, I haven’t got a freaking clue. I am jobless (careerless, if I have to be honest), clueless, and generally so confused. I’ve got this fancy college degree (speaking of which… where the heck is my diploma? Hmm… oops.) in Marketing… and not a clue what to do with it. Something’s gotta change soon… so stay tuned!

Megan (winner of my Birthday Giveaway!) asked…

  • What was your major in college?
  • What is your favorite store to shop at? (Clearly, she's a woman after my own heart!)
My major in college was Marketing. In actuality, I feel like I really should have recieved a degree in nonprofit fundraising - but that's a whole 'nother question.

As far as my favorite store... that's a tough one! I shop most frequently at Target, TJ Maxx, and Forever 21. I'd say half of my wardrobe is from those 3 stores. If I had lots and lots of money (fingers crossed!), I'd probably shop at Nordstrom and Macy's. Nordstrom because the customer service is just awesome, and Macy's because I can always find something there (read: shoes).

Anon asked...
  • Do you work part time at all?

Honestly, no. I worked a part-time job at the mall all through college and it was way hectic. I would get calls at 9 AM asking if I could work at 10 AM. The hours were erratic and some weeks I didn’t work at all. Other times I’d work until midnight – on my first big night I worked until 2 AM. 2 AM!! Because I’m supposed to be looking for a job, I felt like I couldn’t handle the tumultuous-ness of a part-time work schedule… so I haven’t been working at all.

If I don’t figure something out in the next couple of weeks… I will probably be getting a part time job. We’ll see. Right now I’m lucky enough to live at home and not have to worry about everything. So we shall see.

Ok, I think if you’ve made it through this long of a post…. Well, you are clearly dedicated. I’ll hopefully finish up tomorrow…

Happy Monday ladies!


post signature

9 Classy Comments:

Ashley said...

I love your "question" posts! Your dad is so lucky to have you around. xoxo Oh! & fingers crossed for a job opportunity. :)

Mrs. Hanson said...

Aw, thanks for answering :) So happy to learn more about you!!

p.s. I know what you mean about your Mother taking care of everything!! My Mom literally does everything but wipe my Dad's a$$. Literally. I don't know what he would do without her. He'd be lost in his own world... and I don't think he'd ever date again, which makes me happy and sad.

p.s.s. Have a good day chickadee!

Stephanie said...

Aw I love your Q&A posts!

My aunt died about 10 years ago, and my uncle had a rough time at first. Then about 3 years ago he fell in love with the barista at Starbucks [not even kidding].

They're married now ;)

Annie said...

what a great post!
i like getting to know bloggy friends :)
hope you had a good weekend hun!

chelsea said...

Greece is the perfect choice. It's definitely in my top 5!

Lucky in Love said...

So great getting to know more about you!!

Natalie said...

Just wondering what sort of jobs you're looking for. Have you considering higher education fundraising? I'm not sure where in Indiana you live but there always seem to be development director positions at major universities like Purdue. (Which is where I work...) And if you're not tied down to Indiana, that opens up a whole new bad of options. You could check out case.org for a listing of fundraising jobs around the country.

Andhari said...

Sarah, your answer about The Boy makes me wanna hug you. I don't know you still feel like that, sure I know you're still sad but to jump at the chance of getting back together with him? I thought he shouldn't even give a second chance for what he did to you, easily throwing what you had like that. But what do I know, right?:(

I like how you're being there for your dad though :)

Cole said...

Great post!!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity