Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Until All The Nos Become Meaningless....

This week's quote of the week is from a Nike ad. I have loved this quote for years - mostly because it makes me tear up when I read it.

"All your life you are told the things you cannot do. All your life they will say you're not good enough or strong enough or talented enough; they will say you're the wrong height or the wrong weight or the wrong type to play this or be this or achieve this. They will tell you no, a thousand times no, until all the no's become meaningless. All your life they will tell you no, quite firmly and very quickly. And you will tell them yes."

I wrote this post a long time ago about Dance Marathon. The organization is a year-round event raising money and awareness for critically and terminally ill children (and their families) who are treated at Riley Hospital for Children in Indianapolis.

Having been treated at the hospital myself as a child, I would do anything (and I mean anything) for this cause.

This year, I have taken over as the Overall Chairwoman for our Dance Marathon. That's right, they let me be in charge (no, I don't know what they were thinking). I'm completely overwhelmed and awestruck that so many people think I can do this job - it's overwhelming.

This quote represents my freshman year when the Marathon was just being established. I remember clearly being told that our target fundraising goal was $3,000. We made $21,047.42 that year.

Last year, we raised $85,296.33. (This is the Executive Council from last year's Marathon. I'm squeezed in on the very right - I was the Public Relations Chair. I also had to set up the photo so I ended up not having a spot - go figure!)

Any guesses on the fundraising goal for this year?




C'mon....







Just guess....








$100,000 !!

Holy crap, I can't believe I just typed that - out here, for the whole world to see.

Happy Tuesday!

love,


1 Classy Comments:

Laurie said...

You will do it!!! I know you will and can. Congrats to you for being such a wonderful person to volunteer and be so selfless. By the way that quote... amazing!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity