Tuesday, October 7, 2008

"That's a Heck of a Day"

I spend my weeks at school in a blur of activity. There are days when I barely remember to pee or brush my teeth (ok, this is a lie - I always brush my teeth). So it's no surprise that I don't exactly savor the moments that are flying past faster than I'd care to admit.

In fact, I noticed over the weekend that I've barely taken any pictures of this year. I don't have one single picture of my roommates and I. And to me, this is sad.

In comes this week's Quote of the Week by

Jim Valvano, aka Jimmy V. And the quote:

"To me, there are three things we should all do every day. Number 1 is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number 2 is think. You should spend some time in thought. Number 3 is you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy. But think about it. If you laugh, you think and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day."


And I'm going to try (haven't I been trying this for weeks?) to live each day like a separate day... not just a string of minutes counting down until Thursday at 6:15 (when my last class lets out).

Happy Tuesday!!



love,


1 Classy Comments:

Natalie said...

sometimes it is hard not to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of life. i am the same way. i think back and try to remember what i did on monday and honestly have no idea. crazy. it's only wednesday.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity