Friday, October 24, 2008

Musings of a Job Applicant

So today I got up at 6 AM (omg, I am on 'break' and getting up at 6 am. SHOOT ME!) to begin to write up my application to an e-marketing firm I am extremely interested in. I spoke to one of the recruiters (who happened to be an alum from my college) and she told me to gush and be excited - they love enthusiasm.

Without further ado, please enjoy this brilliantly hand-crafted cover letter, courtesy of moi. Please, don't laugh - it crushes the ego.

October 24, 2008

To the the XXX Steering Committee:
I am a senior at XX College and would like to be considered for a position in the XXX Program at XXX. I was introduced to XXX but Sally Johnson through a short presentation at my College and instantly felt a connection to the unique culture she presented. I am interested in being considered for a position at XXX because I have an entrepreneurial spirit and I am tireless in pursuing my goals.
The experience that has prepared me for a career at XXX is Dance Marathon. Started in my freshman year in college, the organization seeks to raise emotional and financial support for the children of Riley Hospital and their families. In three short years, I have helped to raise over $153,000 for the Hospital and have made life-changing connections with many families. In only our third year, our Marathon’s leadership was recognized as the most innovative in the country with the Incentive Award from Children’s Miracle Network. In short, I have no trouble thinking outside the box, breaking the mold, and am not afraid to build from the ground up.
My interest in the XXX program stems from my belief that XXX is a company where one person can truly develop their skills and become a member of a team that understands their clients and helps them succeed. I think the skills I could gain at XXX are dynamic and unique to the Company. The opportunity to be considered for a position at a company where treating people well is as important as the tasks we complete is one I don’t take lightly.
I would like to ask for your sincere consideration for an interview for the XXX Program. Thank you for your consideration and I hope to have the opportunity to meet you soon.

Sincerely,
Sarah

Why in the heck is anybody going to hire me? I rest my case.

Happy Friday!! I'll be off NOT thinking about applying for jobs but instead shopping in Indianapolis. You knew there had to be a good reason for me to get up at 6 AM and work on this, right?

love,


1 Classy Comments:

Laurie said...

Sarah~
Please quit being so hard on yourself! It sounds wonderful. Really it does. I would call you for an interview. :)

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity