Friday, September 5, 2008

Confessions of a Shoeaholic

Hi, my name is Sarah and I have a problem.

And it's not just that I can't remember to write new posts on a regular basis. No, dear friends, it is worse. (Actually, I don't think it's all that bad - I just wanted to be dramatic for drama's sake.)

Friends, I have a shoe addiction. (Isn't the first step to recovery admitting you have a problem? Score!)

This morning, I woke up and realized that I couldn't find the 2nd black leopard-print moccasin I was looking for. In a moment of stupidity genius, I decided to lay out all my shoes and make sure they were all paired up.

Sure enough, the leopard print moccasin has gone missing.

But I am thanking that little leopard guy for helping me realize that I have a problem. Instead of explaining, I'll just let the photo do the talking.
Yes, friend, that is most definitely 29 pairs of shoes that I evicted from the depths of my closet.

The sad part is... after I took this picture, I realized that I have 3 more pairs of shoes in boxes on the shelf in my closet. Whoops. Guess that brings the grand total to 32 pairs of shoes.

Keep in mind, these are only my summer/fall shoes. I have at least another dozen at home waiting to come down for fall/winter. Oy vey.

Now I need to go get dressed because I have an Old Navy 40% off coupon burning a hole in my brain... and it needs to be spent today.

Do you think they have shoes there?

Kidding! (I hope)....


Updates to add: I have eliminated 4 pairs of shoes from my wardrobe. A visual representation: Can you see the little red Xs I added? The two pink pairs of shoes were uncomfortable and not that cute. Gone. The gold pair? Ummm... worn much? And the black slingbacks were cute but too short of a heel for me. I have them to my roommate who wears a similar pair all the time. Hopefully she'll get some use out of them. Current shoe count: 28.




love,


4 Classy Comments:

Kimberly said...

i think i have those shoes in the 2nd row from the top, far right. i recognized the pink inside ;)

Natalie said...

i must admit to having a shoe issue as well. i love shoes. my shoes aren't nearly as cute as your collection though. since we walk pretty much everywhere we go here i rarely buy any shoe that even has the potential of being uncomfortable. here is the link to the post i wrote about my shoes awhile back. oh...and since this picture i've purchased one more pair. i can't wait to get back to the states and really add to my collection!
http://dixonsturkey.blogspot.com/2008/02/shoes-glorious-shoes.html

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

Sad. Very sad you are.

And I can't wait til you have kids. Cuz then either a) you will just be a shoeholic with the kid's shoe shopping, I've seen this it isn't pretty. or b) you will have to spread the shoe thing around and no one will have very many shoes but there will be a lot around total.

Either way. Get help. They have groups I'm sure.

Anonymous said...

I love shoes, but I am more of a purse girl.My purse addiction is getting out of control.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity