Thursday, June 12, 2008

Will it Make Me a Millionaire?

So, after I decided to be basically jobless this summer (I have a very limited part-time mall job, but it pays squat), I realized I wasn't going to have any money and that I was going to be poor.

Since I wasn't very cool with that, I started brainstorming how to make money. Then I saw the Rubbermaid totes full of books stacked around my house and realized that maybe there was some worth there.
(Yes, I realize that there are a lot of books here. Also realize that this is less than half of the books I own. Ouch. I also listed a bunch of my mom's old books - there were quite a bunch.)

Yesterday, I registered at Half.com and spent 4 hours typing in the names and ISBN numbers of about 220 books. No clue if it would lead to anything, but I figured I'd post them for sale for a couple of weeks and see what would happen.

This morning, I had my first four sales - I was so proud!!

Took me about an hour to prep them for shipping and take them to the post office, but hey, I'm 7 books lighter. Not too bad, I guess.

Net profit: $10.34
So, ok, it's not exactly get-rich-quick, but hey, ten bucks is ten bucks. Ten bucks I didn't have before.

And I just checked my e-mail - I've got another sale. Life of luxury, here I come!


Gotta go spend my $10 now.

love,




0 Classy Comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity