Monday, June 9, 2008

Goal of the Day: Paint My Toenails!

Yesterday morning, I woke up (shocking!). I took one look at my feet, which have been unpolished for almost a TWO AND A HALF MONTHS, and decided that yesterday was the day it had to change.

Now, you see, I am a painted-toenails kind of girl. I am a painted-fingers-and-toes kind of girl. I rotate colors regularly. I re-polish when there are chips. I am just that kind of girl.

Why then, oh why, have my fingers (and toes!) been unpainted for approximately 75 days? I have no freaking idea.

I took it off one day with the intention of re-painting them. Then I decided to let the little tootsies "breathe free" for a couple of days... and then those couple of days turned into 75. Such is life, I guess.

So, at approximately 8 A.M. I broke out my bin of nail polish and began selecting a color. Well, I had to throw out at least 5 or 6 bottles because they were painted shut. I tried soaking them in nail polish remover, then tried giving them a little pry with a small screwdriver. After the first bottle neck broke in my hand (I swear, I wasn't jamming in the screwdriver too hard), I decided I had to pitch them. Oh well. And one of them was my MOST FAVORITE polishes. C'est la vie.

So, I started sorting them out. Lining them up by color. And then I started pitching multiples and extras. I was proud that I was able to eliminate a bunch of polishes - they were all getting goopey anyways.

So I got them lined up:
And then I may have gotten slightly out of control. So I made a catalog of my existing collection, while leaving room for new additions. I have to say, this is the absolute smallest my collection has been in YEARS! I usually have... 30ish polishes. So, yay for my "necessities only" lifestyle - yeah, right. (Anybody have a good recommendation for a good color or brand of polish - I'm already craving replacements for the pitched polish!)

The end result: unpainted toes. I guess it gives me something to strive for today.

If only I'd spent less time on the polishes.

love,



2 Classy Comments:

The Over-Thinker said...

I. Need. To. Do. This.
Seriously.

Natalie said...

this totally cracked me up! i have about 5 colors. that is it. and most of the time i use the same one over and over until it runs out. ah...i love this post!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity