Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Movie Quote of the Week

I have a confession. I am obsessed with movie quotes. I have been known to carry a small notebook in my purse to the movie theatre so that I can write things down. I have been known to annoy my movie-going companions by asking them if they could repeat things back to me so I could write them down correctly.

So, needless to say, I love quotes. And movie quotes. And really any type of quotes, actually. So I am going to start posting a smattering of good quotes weekly.

This week's movie: the oft overlooked Life as a House.


Such a good movie. Plot summary: A divorced man diagnosed with terminal cancer takes custody of his troubled son and in the process builds the house of his dreams.

This movie is packed with so many amazing characters and subplots. Love it.

My favorite quotes:

"I always thought of myself as a house. I was always what I lived in. It didn't need to be big. It didn't even need to be beautiful. It just needed to be mine. I became what I was meant to be. I built myself a life. I built myself a house."

"What you think you know doesn't have much to do with reality."

"Change can be so constant; you don't even feel the difference until there is one."

Until next week...

love,

1 Classy Comments:

Ali said...

we saw Life As a House when it was at the Toronto Film Festival years ago. AMAZING. loved it. the whole cast was there and they were GREAT. super nice.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity