Monday, May 26, 2008

Apple Betty

Last night, I purchased some Granny Smith Apples at the local farmer's market. When I got home, I knew that I would not be munching on these apples unless they were covered in sugar and butter. Ahh, Apple Betty.

First, I peeled the apples.

See the closeup of the nifty apple-corer/peeler/slicer here. It is from Pampered Chef, and I know it makes a big sticky mess, but seriously - it's so much faster than doing it by hand. Call me the lazy chef.


This is what it looked like a few hours after baking - can you say delish?


And this here is my breakfast:


Yes, I did say breakfast. I know, I should be eating something healthy - but with this on the counter, it'd be silly to try and avoid it. I'd just be eating it in an hour anyways.

Happy Memorial Day!! Thank you to all those who have fought for our freedom.

love,


P.S. Here's the recipe:

INGREDIENTS
- 4 cups thinly sliced apples
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter

DIRECTIONS
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mound sliced apples in the pie plate. Sprinkle with orange juice.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Scatter over the apples.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes. Serve warm.

0 Classy Comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity