Every time I prepare to do this post.... I can't help but say SHITS GETTING REALLY REAL. Basically, shit is real-er than last time I posted this. For certain.
We have a move-in date for our newlywed apartment, have taken two dancing lessons and learned that Mr. RH has a natural talent and I have 3 left feet, have a dinner tasting with my preggo MOH on Wednesday (I'm almost as excited as le bebe!).... and I ordered my invitations just a couple days late. Huge weight lifted there!
I re-formatted my Giant To-Do list to break it into more attainable goals... but yeah, it's still a giant OMG.
If you have any insight into something I've missed, you KNOW I want to know about it! I've also removed a lot of the things that are done.... but of course, that makes my list look extra sparse! Eep!
- Gift for Groom - need ideas
- Wedding Jewelry - Returned earrings, repurchased them (with more cash back thanks to ebates!)…. I still can’t decide if the chandeliers are too big for the ceremony.
- Garter - I want one even if it'll never be seen.... I think.
- Guest Book - I'm thinking I want something that we can frame and hang on the wall. Etsy?!
- Order Three Flower-Girl Dresses (Yep, gained a flower girl. The “baby” is a big girl now!
- Toasting Flutes - on the registry...
- Bridesmaids Gifts - got part of it ordered.... need to figure out some more.
- Rehearsal Dinner Dress - I've scoured the internet and haven't found the one.
- Cake Stand and Server - I want.
- Gifts for Parents
- Book Videographer - still struggling over this. My dad, head of the finances, says unequivocally NO. Not sure if we can swing what I want otherwise. Also, I have 6 paychecks until this wedding. Not enough.
- Rehearsal Dinner Invites
- Music List to DJ
- Toss the Bouquet? How do we feel about this? I kinda feel bad doing it… it’s cute when everyone’s younger, but I feel like it’s more awkward now that so many people are married.
- Rehearsal Dinner Music/Activities
- Find out if I passed the Natural Family Planning class (this deserves a whole post)
- Update Wedding Website - this needs major help
- Registry - probably need to update it
- Find a Makeup Artist
- Hair Trial - Wednesday before the wedding
- Makeup Trial
- Second (Potentially Final?) Dress Fitting - August 21st
- Meet with Florist and Finalize Flowers
- Start to Create Centerpieces – I’m DIY’ing these. Gulp.
- Address and Mail Invitations
- Stuff Invitations with a Local Map - aka make a map and print it.
- Photo Wish-List for Photographer - see my pinterest account?
- Book Bridal Party Transportation from Wedding to Reception - aka PartyBus? Yikes.
- Write toast to Parents
- Bridal Emergency Kit – put it together. Now, seriously.
- Bachelorette Party - July 27-28 - SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS. I’m bummed that alllll the babies mean attendance will be down, but happy to spend time with just a few of my most precious girls.
- Bridal Shower - August18th – just got a tiny sneak peek on the invite. DYING.
- Moving Into Newlywed Apartment – August 15th. Not a lot going on that week or anything. WOOF.
- Get Marriage License
- Have Lace Bolero/Wrap (required by church) Tailored
- Second/Final Dress Fittings
- Count every minute until engagement photos are edited… one. Two. Three. Infinity.
- Order Engagement Photo Prints, Canvas, Etc
- Confirm Rehearsal Dinner with Priest, Bridal Party
- Wedding Day Itinerary and Schedule (for family and bridal party)
the new priest who will be marrying us.
Find out if we have to take more per-marital counseling.
Whine about my misfortunes on twitter.
- Contact the marriage coordinator at my parish church, who then coordinates with the church we are being married in. They've been combined and separated multiple times since I was a kid, yay paperwork.
- Make a Chart for Ceremony Seating – Distribute at Rehearsal to Ushers/Groomsmen
- Choose Readings for Ceremony
- Find Ceremony Readers, Gift Bearers
- Pick Ceremony Musicians, Music. Current music director is on maternity leave. Soo….
- Ceremony Programs
- Say “I Do”
- Verify Getaway Car Transportation (Wedding Week-Of)
- Candy Bar – we have such a sweet tooth. And by “we” I mean me. I need sour worms and M&Ms to keep my feet moving at the reception.
- Tasting for Reception Venue - July 10th
- Head Count to Caterer – September 6th
- Seating Chart
- Place Cards
- Kid-Friendly Entertainment – coloring pages, crayons, etc
- Make “Card Box” for Reception
- It might be a tiny bit cheesy, but I really need to have a "sparkler exit" at the reception
- Coordinate who will be responsible for gifts after wedding
- Tips for Staff
- Going-Away Outfit
- Honeymoon - booked flights and a condo in Florida starting the day after the wedding
- Arrange for Tuxes to be Returned
- Order Thank-You Notes