Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Loving Mr. RH

The last time I posted about Mr. RH, we had just exchanged "I love you's" for the first time.  Since then?  Welll.... more of the same.

We've shared dozens and dozens of dinners out (and more recently, in).  We've walked through parks and neighborhoods.  Eaten gallons upon gallons of ice cream... and then Mr. RH admitted to me the other night that he doesn't really like ice cream all that much.

Tough cookies, buddy, because my love for ice cream runs deep.

We've shopped together, laughed together (mostly at each other), and - my newest favorite - lounged together.

I fear we've come to that relationship spot where all I want to do is cozy up on a couch with a blanket (coincidentally we've had some perfect blanket weather here in Indiana) and snooze.  Or watch a movie or whatever, but that's really secondary.

Besides that, we've spent a lot of time talking.  Talk, talk, talking until my face gets tired and I usually close my eyes and say I'm not tired but my eyes just need a break from seeing.

We have talked a lot about the future.  From weddings to babies to the perfect house... and everything in between.  It's weird to think that 5 months ago I barely knew that Mr. RH existed.

I vividly remember noticing him last Christmas.  A coworker and I had a deep conversation about him.  I said that he was "way cute" and "way too young for me."  (Both of those are still true, by the way.)

Less than a year later... and everything is different.  100% better than I ever expected it to be.


I stare into those eyes, those color-changing blue/green/gray/hazel/brown eyes, and I can't remember the last time I was ever this happy.  I smile more, I laugh more, and I feel like I glow from the inside out.

I wake up every morning and thank God and my lucky stars for this life, right now.  It's not perfect and it's not what I thought I always wanted - but holy hell, it's amazing.

(Got questions about Mr. RH and life or anything else? I feel like I am 100% slacking on answering questions lately. Hit me with your best questions in the comments.)

14 Classy Comments:

AC said...

I've been following your Mr. RH saga and I'm so happy for you! Your relationship with him is how my relationship with my husband went. I knew almost immediately he was different, told him I loved him super early, and knew, for the first time, he was the only person I could see spending my future with. (Not trying to freak you out with marriage talk here!) Have fun and enjoy this precious time together. Praying for you!

Kat said...

Love the photo Sarah! I love that color eyes where it is difficult to work out quite what colour they are :) I also really like it when a relationship slips into that comfortable place... I think its a good sign of a relationship that just works!
I have been trying to work out some questions for you... the main one I could come up with is where do you are yourself in 5 years? Not just in your personal life but job as well, etc? Someone asked me that recently and I thought it was really interesting to stop and think about what I wanted in life, etc.

Alyssa said...

I don't know how I missed the "i love you post" so sweet! I am so happy for you- you deserve it!! Gives me hope too!!

PinkSass said...

This makes me happy.

Cheerful Homemaker said...

My husband isn't a lover of sweets either, but will eat things I bake and tell me how yummy they are. :) He also asks me if I want ice cream. He gets a Mr Misty (or Arctic Rush, whatever it is now) when we go to DQ. :)

My mom is 3 years older than my dad and they've been married 26 years. Age is just a number!

katie@tulsadetails said...

So sweet! And such a great photo!!! You must let him read your blog!! :)

Unknown said...

Love it! I am so happy for you and Mr. RH! It's been fun to see your relationship progress and move to this super fun stage!

Impulsive Addict said...

This is so sweet. There is nothing better than watching/reading a love story progress.

GOOD LUCK and HAPPY HUMP DAY!

Cole said...

What a sweet post! What does he think of your blog? Or does he know that it exists?

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

I love hearing about couples in those first few months of their relationship - it reminds me of how much I loved my then-boyfriend and how lucky we all are to find the ones we fall in love with!

Sarah Wyland said...

I love this post! So happy in love. :)

jennifer richard said...

He is so funny and cute.

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

Squee! He's darling, and I'm just so happy for you. Reminds me of the feeling I had when the AH & I started dating - actually, I'd still rather stay in & lounge around with him than do much else - but there's just something about those early, schmoopy days.

Melanee said...

does he know about the blog yet? :)

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity