Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Don't Stay LOST

Farewell, LOST. The most stressful show (to me at least) in the history of TV is over. I'm not gonna lie, I'm feeling the loss pretty intensely today, as many of my summer show haven't started yet. What am I supposed to do tonight?

Ahem.

I know that I've seen a lot of disappointment over the finale - but in all honesty, I think that's to be expected. As opposed to a show like Grey's or Desperate Housewives - where a great majority of the audience is "over it" - the watchers of LOST are (were?) still very much invested going into the finale.

Spoiler Alert.

Although if you haven't watched it by now... you need to get your butt to a couch, asap.

So the moral of the story is, basically, that it all happened. That the island was real. They were all there together.

And, in the end, Jack died as the rest of the gang escaped the island (with the exception of Hurley and Ben).

Which brings us to the flash sideways, in which, I think, everybody is dead. Everyone is dead but going about their normal lives as if the island never happened. And, one by one, often with the help of the love of their lives, the passengers of that fateful Oceanic flight realize that they are dead.

(Yeah, I didn't really understand that part all too much.)

Basically, this season's flash-sideways was about their trip to the afterlife. Their trip "into the light."

I can see how people wanted more resolution or a more concrete finale.... but I dunno.

(Well, that settles things. Obviously I'm clueless... nothing new there!)

Anybody got a new Tuesday night show??

7 Classy Comments:

Miss E said...

okay just to start off, I have been so busy with work that I haven't been able to catch up with the last season and a half... but really? That's how it ended? I feel more than slightly disappointed with how they felt like ending the show.

Anonymous said...

To me, the flash sideways was a parallel universe, where they lived a "different" life, and the church was in a different timeframe, where everybody got together when all of them were dead. Reminded me of the movie "Titanic", that when Rose died at an old age, everybody met up on the ship again, in their prime.

Cheerful Homemaker said...

I've never seen a single episode of Lost. My current Tuesday night TV love is GLEE!

That Girl in Pearls said...

I never watched lost, but after hearing so much about the finale, it makes me want to go watch the whole series!

B.

maddie said...

I LOVED LOST. I am also mourning the loss of one of my favorite TV show. That said, I am also relieved that now I don't have to choose between LOST and Glee!! I highly recommend Glee as your new Tuesday night show!

KAC said...

I absolutely LOVED the finale and can't believe that it's completely over. I do agree with everyone else in recommending Glee as another great Tuesday night show. Obviously so different but it's a ton of fun!

CIP said...

I liked the ending! Andddd as for your new Tuesday night show, GLEE, obvs.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity