Friday, October 16, 2009

Falling Into Fall

First of all, thank you for all the awesome questions on yesterday's post. I am too sleepy to sort through them today but I'll start answering them first thing next week!

The leaves have been falling here for weeks and I've got the Halloween decorations up, but for some reason I haven't been feeling all that "fall-ish."

Last night, I finally got into the fall spirit. Thanks, in large part, to this large bowl of Apple Betty.

(Side Note: every time I say Apple Betty people give me this crazy eyed look and ask what the hell a Betty is. So I googled it for you. Apple Betty is crustless apple pie. So there. )

So I'll admit it - my favorite thing about fall is the food. And the scents (ie vanilla, pumpkin - homey scents).

What's your favorite thing about fall??

And remember that all of your comments today enter you to win The Middle Place. Giveaway ends Friday at midnight!

Today's birthday girl is Natalie, so go wish her a Happy Birthday, will ya?

Have a fabulous weekend!!

post signature

11 Classy Comments:

Lucky in Love said...

Tagged you!

Kristin said...

Ooo, girl! I'm right there with you! I haven't really been feeling the whole "fall" thing either. Even though I put out my pumpkins and my mums, I just can't get into the fall mindset! But I think you've got the right idea -- Maybe I need to start baking some fall goodies! :)

Jules said...

I've been getting into the fall spirit slowly but surely. Fall is my favorite season, but work has just been so busy. I fully intend to stop by the Produce Junction this weekend and gets mums and pumpkins!

I love Apple Betty! My grandmother used to make that.

The thing that gets me into the fall spirit the most is when we visit the local orchard and go fruit picking and visit the farmer's market.

Cole said...

It didn't feel like fall for me until I went apple picking last Monday.

Of course it SNOWED this morning, so I think fall may be leaving us pretty quickly.

chelsea said...

i've never really liked apple pie, but i envy the people that do because it makes me think of fall.

weird, i know.

melissa said...

My favorite thing about fall is the food too! I love tailgate food, apple pie, pumpkin bread, thanksgiving...yum, yum, yum!!!

DD said...

That sounds delicious! BTW, I tagged you for an award on my blog. http://thedishydecorator.blogspot.com/2009/10/kreative-blogger-award.html

Anonymous said...

I have been ready for fall since August heat here in SC. ha-ha. Thrilled you had a great birthday yesterday. Definately, post what the recipe is for the apple betty. I see vanilla ice cream, apples (jarred)? Thanks hun :)

allison said...

Yummy! I've never heard of one of those before.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

My Uncle Roy was a master of the apple betty. He made it every holiday for us! He passed away within minutes of my little dude being born last year. I like to think there's a little Uncle Roy in son. So this year I will be attempting his delicious apple confection in honor of him!

Andhari said...

apple pieeeee...I want!:)

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity