Monday, December 22, 2008

Holiday Exhaustion, A Recipe, and A Trip

So, I'm tired. It's almost Christmas. Blah blah blah. Have you read this exact same bundle of phrases on about 1232 other blogs today? Ok, moving on.

First, I tweeted about these delish cookies yesterday but was too damn lazy to post the recipe. Soo... if you want to gain ten pounds (hell yeah) then you should probably bake them YESTERDAY. They aren't holiday cookies by any means, but they are really truly delicious.

Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies

1. Cream together 1 cup butter (soft) and 1 cup shortening.
2. Beat 4 eggs into mix.
3. Sift together 4 cups flour and 1 tablespoon baking soda.
4. Add 4 cups quick oatmeal and the flour mixture into the mix.
5. Stir in 2 teaspoons vanilla.
6. Wrap mixture and chill for one hour.
7. Pinch off dough and roll into very small balls (maybe 1/2 TBSP).
8. Place balls on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
9. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes. Cool completely.

Cream Filling

1. In a saucepan, combine 1/3 cup flour and a dash of milk to form a paste. Add a total of one cup of milk slowly. Cook over medium heat stirring occasionally until thick and smooth. COOL.
2. In another bowl, mix 1 cup soft butter, 2-2 ½ cups of powdered sugar, 1 tsp vanilla, and a dash of salt. Cream until light and fluffy.
3. Add in flour/milk mix 1 tablespoon at a time. Beat until smooth.
*This recipe makes about 100 cookie sandwiches – may want to cut in half.*
*Make sure to use butter where stated*

Yes, these cookies taste even better than they look. Get thee to a grocery store for the instant oatmeal. You won't regret it (unless your clothes don't fit, because I can totally relate to that one...).

A couple of times I may have mentioned that on Saturday, I am going to be the maid-of-honor at my best friend's wedding. I am super excited for the wedding, but overwhelmed with the stuff I need to be helping out with. I can't even imagine how stressed she must be.

Although, I have to say, the bachelorette party was amazing. Things were a bit rough at a couple of different points - but overall it was great.

Tomorrow I have to make a trip to get the dress that I am hoping to wear to the rehearsal dinner. I had planned to wear the dress, but then my friend asked to borrow it. I didn't know what to say, since I wasn't dead-set on wearing the dress, so I said yes. And then I shopped for several hours today looking for another dress, but no dice. The friend lives an hour away, close to a mall that I could do some damage at... so I will. And retrieve the dress. And then probably end up with a new outfit which will negate the need to go pick up the dress. Oh well.


0 Classy Comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity