Thursday, July 17, 2008

Crafty Thursday

So have I mentioned how I've been getting ready for a mondo-huge garage sale? No.
Well, I have. Since my mom's death, we've all been in a purging mode. So when I found these in the attic, my mind went immediately to: TRASH!
I mean, when my brother and I recieved them as gifts in 1990, they were a-dor-able. Today, 18 years later, not so much methinks.

So I got me to work painting them with some "Black Elegance"-colored paint. Black my ass, that is eggplant/brown if I've ever seen it. (Oops, mind my ranting).

After painting them, they were too plain. So I thought and thought (obviously a difficult process for me) and then decided "tres chic" would be perfect, as I'm planning to hang scarves, small purses, and neclaces from the hooks.
Add Mod-Podge..
And voila! Pretty cute, no?
Now I've got to figure out how to hang them without putting holes in the wall. Hmm...

love,


2 Classy Comments:

Laurie said...

You did a great job on these!!! They are so cute.

Saucy said...

You're a girl after my own heart... a visionary! Love the change.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity