Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Crowd Favorite: Mexican Rice

This Mexican Rice is a crowd favorite that I got from my neighbor. We have been friends for a really long time, and I can never get it as perfect as she does... but this stuff rocks. Seriously.

It's quick, easy, and I always have the ingredients on hand. Perfect.

The Ingredients:
1 Cup White Rice
1 Onion, Chopped
1 Clove Garlic, Chopped
2 Tablespoons Oil
2 Chicken Bouillon Cubes
2 Cups Water
1/4 C Tomato Sauce

Directions
1. Sautee rice, onions, and garlic in oil, stirring frequently until brown.
2. Add bouillon cubes, water, and tomato sauce.
3. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.

This stuff is quick and easy - it's practically a meal in itself.

Enjoy - and Happy Hump Day!!

Check out Works for Me Wednesday for more awesome ideas!!


love,

1 Classy Comments:

Robyn said...

Perfect timing! Just the other day I was telling my husband I wanted to find an easy mexican rice recipe because I can't stand the boxed ones. I like that I already have all of these ingredients. Will definitely be trying this one! Thanks.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity