Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloweenie!

I am 100% lame because I didn't even think about getting or making a costume this year... but in my defense, I was at work until at least 3:30 am last night.

 Mr. RH and I carved pumpkins the other night and I actually had a lot of fun.  Especially since he is not familiar with pumpkin-carving kits and fancy tools.  No worries, I showed him!

And then made him pose for pictures in the middle of the night on the front porch.  In the freeezing cold. 

On Saturday, we visited Mr. RH's family and carved pumpkins with his 5 little nieces.  Which translates, roughly, to carving 5 pumpkins with munchkins screaming "MY TURN" in your ears.  It was fun, really.

I carved the top 2 on the left sitting on top of the bench.  I'm pretty sure they're cartoon characters of some sort. 

I was meeting a couple of his nieces for the first time, so that was really fun.  I love kids and all the hustle and bustle of a big family, so I was in heaven the whole night.

I hope everyone is having a more exciting Halloween night than I am... I will be having TONS of fun at work.

Happy Halloweenie!

10 Classy Comments:

Lauren said...

Awwwww, so funnnnn!!!!!!! :)

Ashley said...

Ya'lls pumpkins turned out great! Hope work isn't too bad tonight! Happy Halloween :)

Alyssa said...

You guys are so cute!

Emily said...

you look so cute! The pumpkins turned out wonderfully!

Ashley said...

Y'all are TOO cute! I am seriously impressed with the pumpkin carving skills!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I am so impressed with ya'lls carving!!

California Wife said...

You two look adorable, and I love your pumpkins. Happy Halloween!!!

Meg @ write meg! said...

Um, how cute are Mr. RH's rosy cheeks?! :) Sorry, feel like a grandmother saying that, but really . . .

Pumpkin carving is so fun -- these turned out awesome! We wound up just painting ours this year (lame, I know). I'd already carved up pumpkins for pies and just didn't have the energy.

Cheerful Homemaker said...

happy halloween! i love the star pumpkin. we didn't carve any this year, we were too tired. i use the kits for the stencils, but the tools are generally junk. :P

In This Wonderful Life said...

so sweet!!! you guys are too cute! and those pumpkins..look awesome!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity